NBA Regular Season 2014-15

Rhom

Wow that is bad. I wonder if that 22 game stretch was a particularly difficult set of teams? Because that is the blessing/curse of this injury timing for OKC, it is during the weaker part of the Thunder's schedule, but it also means that any ground they need to make up will be filled with games against the top 10 Western Conference teams, where winning 2 games out of 3 is very hard.

Griz were 10-13 without Gasol while he recovered from his MCL, starting with a 3-9 stretch before rallying toward the time of his return. It was a fairly easy stretch. Losses were to a mix of good and bad teams, but importantly the Grizzlies didn't beat a single Western Conference playoff team during that stretch (and only beat the Hawks from the East).

ETA: Grizzlies also lost the game where Gasol got hurt against San Antonio after only playing 10 minutes, which I suppose could count as well.

Ha, I´d say I was close enough without actually checking the numbers as if you count the Spurs game they were 8-14 before winning the last 2 without him.

Let´s check the schedule for OKC with the idea that Durant and Westbrook miss November.

Denver

@Brooklyn

@Toronto

Memphis

Sacramento

@Milwaukee

@Boston

Detroit

Houston

@Utah

@Denver

Brooklyn

Golden State

Utah

New York

So 15 games through quite easy stretch of schedule. I would say @Toronto, Memphis, Houston, @Denver and Golden State are very probable losses. That leaves 10 "winnable" games. 5-5 on those would leave OKC at 5-12 and 45-20 (0.69) finish for 50 wins.

Nothing impossible yet but OKC really can´t afford any more setbacks through the season.

With 2-0 down already, the reserves and what is left of the starters really need to start cracking.

Because you can imagine a scenario where they cannot bring it at all and just win 3 or 4of the next 10 games.

The problem obviously being that the other Western teams are so good. Still, at this point I have to say T think it's inconceivable that OKC will not make the playoffs.

Ack! With the Bulls up 7 with about a minute to play, I decided to go ahead and put my son to bed and get the house all shut down for the night... then I lay down in bed and turn on the TV thinking I'd watch a bit of the Clippers and there's Cleveland up 5 in overtime!!!!!

Hate that I missed it.

Are you fucking kidding me?

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11790930/lebron-james-says-first-game-back-cleveland-cavaliers-one-biggest-sporting-events-ever

"For me, I know all of us shouldn't take this moment for granted," James said after shootaround Thursday in advance of the Cavs' home game against the New York Knicks. "This is probably one of the biggest sporting events that is up there ever."

Greatest sporting event ever? Opening night between two Eastern Conference teams that didn't even make the playoffs last year. This guy must get high off the smell of his own farts. :bang:

Are you fucking kidding me?

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11790930/lebron-james-says-first-game-back-cleveland-cavaliers-one-biggest-sporting-events-ever

"For me, I know all of us shouldn't take this moment for granted," James said after shootaround Thursday in advance of the Cavs' home game against the New York Knicks. "This is probably one of the biggest sporting events that is up there ever."

Greatest sporting event ever? Opening night between two Eastern Conference teams that didn't even make the playoffs last year. This guy must get high off the smell of his own farts. :bang:

Honestly, athletes say stupid shit all the time. I'd love to see "educated" politicians answer questions the way popular athletes do, one right after the other, with no time to think, while mobbed by a group of eager middle aged men sticking phallic recording devices in their faces.

I have no idea what LeBron is like as a real person. He might be a total douche. His play on the court, however, is anything but egotistical. I'll judge him based on that merit, and leave the speculation to others. He might flex or pose after a dunk, but who fucking wouldn't if they dunked like LeBron? He's one of the most unselfish Elite players we've ever seen. He gets that you can't win alone on a level Jordan never did. In many ways he's humbler than MJ was.

(i also want to see him lose, but that's just cuz the Knick fan in me is a HUGE hater)

Honestly, athletes say stupid shit all the time. I'd love to see "educated" politicians answer questions the way popular athletes do, one right after the other, with no time to think, while mobbed by a group of eager middle aged men sticking phallic recording devices in their faces.

I have no idea what LeBron is like as a real person. He might be a total douche. His play on the court, however, is anything but egotistical. I'll judge him based on that merit, and leave the speculation to others.

(i also want to see him lose, but thats just cuz the Knick fan in me is a HUGE hater)

Politicians do it all the time, except usually they are smart enough to just give rote, soft-shoe responses.

I will admit that I'm a LeBron hater. I'm going to look for any excuse to ridicule the guy, but this is truly ridiculous. Does he honestly believe his own hype? To the degree that he could say something like that with a straight face? Yes, he's a great basketball player. One of the best to ever lace them up. That being said, his head is so much bigger than his game that I can't even begin to admire the guy.

Politicians do it all the time, except usually they are smart enough to just give rote, soft-shoe responses.

Not really. Every question is prepared for or dodged, all smoothly and with a smile. Politicians do that shit in the mirror for hours. I doubt LeBron spends much time on it at home.

Anyway, you quoted one sentence. If he went on record repeatedly stating that his first game back was more important than last year's finals i'd understand your ire. But for all you know he meant to say it was a momentous event in Cleveland sports, which it is, and corrected himself immediately afterwards.

Well before 5th final James told Heat to follow his lead while Spurs said let´s do it as a team. That approach worked for about 8 minutes and then got steamrolled as his energy levels decreased.

To be fair I don't really blame LeBron for that. A really good team concept, with all the pieces being utilized is almost always going to beat the 3 all-star set-up. Especially in a 7 game set.

I have to imagine that it becomes a little mentally and emotionally exhausting to be a secondary or tertiary player on a team like that over the course of a season. Even when those players show significant improvement, there doesn't seem to be much effort made to get them involved. It is ultimately a team sport. I get that you have to maximize the value of your superstars, but the NBA seems to go overboard in that respect. At the end of the day, you want all 5 guys on the floor to be clicking and involved if you expect to have a shot at a ring.

Archived