Which Character who is M.I.A. more important to the ASOIF?

Winterfell Resident

I have a question.

Which character who is currently missing in action more important to the story of "A Song of Ice and Fire"?

For me, I think it's between Benjen Stark and Black Fish.

I think if Benjen Stark is not dead he will have a significant effect in the fight against the Others.

And I think Blackfish re-emergence may have a role in helping Sansa.

If there is another character that is missing in action and you feel will play an important role please share your thoughts.

Agreed on Rickon. Though his status will be somewhat dubious. Is he the Lord of Winterfell, Prince of the North, or an oprhan boy? Manderly's presumably going to take care of him until he grows up and swear for Stannis, but will the rest of the North now back Stannis, believe Rickon's their true king, or will the Boltons keep them in line?

Benjen Stark, is a huge question mark, but presumably he's going to either give the exposition regarding the Others or my darker side's thinking me may be in league with them. He's been mentioned way too much simply to have died randomly.

Howland Reed... I don't know. His appearance could possibly shed insight into Jon Snow's past, but beyond that... suppose the R+L=J is true... what proof is there beyond Reed's say so? That would make is "claim" even more dubious than Aegon's who at least has Connington's say so.

I doubt we've seen the last of the Blackfish, but I don't see his influence extending beyond the Riverlands. I'm not sure how he could save Sansa given no one knows she's in the Vale. Brienne's pretty much proven wondering around asking for a maiden of four and ten attracts more trouble than it helps.

Maege Mormont... I'd like to see more of her, for some reason I find the Mormonts fascinating. For some reason I could picture her clubbing Jon Snow over the head demanding Longclaw back.

Rickon

Howland

Possibly Benjen

I guess possibly Mance, seeing as we don't know whether the Pink Letter is to be trusted and therefore whether he's alive, dead, escaped, prisoner, anything; could have a large influence on Jon and the wildlings, seeing as they're going to be pretty pissed off if their king has been killed by "kneelers" who they already think so little of...

Archived