Which Character who is M.I.A. more important to the ASOIF?

Winterfell Resident

I firmly believe Sandor Clegane is still alive. The Hound may have died but Sandor is alive. There were too many hints in that Brienne chapter. Do uou really think GRRM would have kept him alive just to be a monk. No i believe he will settle his score with his brother and aid Sansa in some way. Either way i expect him to show back up some time between the middle of TWoW or the beginning of ADOS. I know I'm jumping around but Martin put too much focus on the rivalry between him and The Mountain to leave it unresolved that is why the charcter Ser Robert Strong exists so they can finally have their epic showdown, possibly in a trial by combat for Cersei.

Blackfish

Howland Reed

Mance (Who is obviously Abel, it has all the same letters of Bael)

Jon Snow *Who is technically missing because his spirit is not within this world, or is it? Spooky*

Davos

Archmaester Marwin

Loras (Who is a secret Targaryen because he wasn't burned...... that or he was never burned to begin with)

Benjen Stark, the hide and seek champion of Westeros.

Rickon, the child with a vicious pony-sized wolf with a bad temper.

And of course, Syrio, his pulse is not a guarantee obviously.

MIA doesn't mean what people seem to think it means. I mean, yeah, its an abbreviation for "missing in action." But the military doesn't use it because a few soldiers got drunk over the weekend and haven't shown up for muster. That is AWOL (absent without leave). "Action" means combat activity, and a soldier given considered MIA is thought of as a casualty. Though casualty itself doesn't mean dead, it also includes soldiers no longer fit to fight due to injury, disease, or captured.

Howland Reed isn't MIA. He is in all liklihood sitting in Greywatch tower and actively organizing resistance to the Stark's enemies. I wouldn't consider the Blackfish MIA, since he didn't disappear during a combat encounter, but rather snuck through his enemy's battle lines and is undoubtedly planning to resume the fight.

Tyrek Lannister certainly fits the profile of MIA. Is he dead? The practical seem to think so. Jaime suspects Varys might be pulling a stunt, but just the fact it was written plainly means Martin is probably setting it up as a misdirection. There are several members of the Night's Watch who went missing but whose corpses weren't identified, such as Stonesnake.

Really, though, Benjen. Benjen, Benjen, Benjen.

Archived