[TWOIAF Spoilers] R+L=J without spoiler tags v.2

Ygrain

Carry on :-)

ETA:

To sum up, the new info we have is:

- a pact between Targs and Starks which was cancelled was called Pact of Ice and Fire

- Rhaegar and Elia resided at Dragonstone

- there was a considerable rift between Aerys and Rhaegar and their factions at the court

- council members were plotting to remove Rhaegar from the line of succession

- prior Duskendale, Aerys was cray-cray in a rather harmless way

- Rhaegar was present at Duskendale and Tywin made a very untactical remark about Rhaegar being a better replacement

- there was a mysterious sponsor behind HH, main suspect is Rhaegar

- Brandon nearly challenged Rhaegar because of the crowning

- Lyanna was abducted from near HH and Rhaegar had half a dozen companions

Oh. Slightly OT (but sorta not) when we migrate back to our other "home" in the General Forum, we should make sure to include links to these WOIAF threads in the complete list of RLJ threads.

I feel like I have to call this a new shiny. So ...new shiny!

Also, I like thinking about Rhaegar as "the man with the plan" from now on.

"The man with the plan...who didn't plan on dying"

XD

First Men practiced polygamy and thralldom. they even sold captives to slavery. Andals also kept slaves once before Valyrians came to enslave them. Only after that they decided (!) slavery was bad.

Osha is a live example of thralldom practice, though no one thought her like a thrall.

I guess the only thing standing in front of polygamy is the Faith. Perhaps the "changes" Rhaegar had planned to make were not only about deposing of Aerys.

To sum up, the new info we have is:

- a pact between Targs and Starks which was cancelled was called Pact of Ice and Fire

- Rhaegar and Elia resided at Dragonstone

- there was a considerable rift between Aerys and Rhaegar and their factions at the court

- council members were plotting to remove Rhaegar from the line of succession

- prior Duskendale, Aerys was cray-cray in a rather harmless way

- Rhaegar was present at Duskendale and Tywin made a very untactical remark about Rhaegar being a better replacement

- there was a mysterious sponsor behind HH, main suspect is Rhaegar

- Brandon nearly challenged Rhaegar because of the crowning

- Lyanna was abducted from near HH and Rhaegar had half a dozen companions

I've edited the first post to include these. Anything else that should be included?

I was just about to catch up on the last thread...and then y'all go and move over here...

You can make use of the time before it getes locked and quote directly from there :-)

One thing I noticed that is some of the Targaryen pictures showed full brothers having different features such as Aegon V's eldest son (Duncan the Small) having dark and features while Jaehaerys has what we would typically portray as Targaryen features.

This shows that not all Targaryens have the typical looks...especially when the other parent is of another bloodline. It's been done in the past some but this better describes relatives closer to Daenerys and Jon (if what we all believe is so).

You can make use of the time before it getes locked and quote directly from there :-)

Most of my comments I wanted to make were done so about 2 pages later...so I began refraining from commenting.

When I started reading that Thread...there were 9 pages. I read through, clicking next page...I decided to comment on something from page 8...I clicked Post...then was transported to page 18!!!

Good Lord y'all were hauling balls in your responses.

Since I won't be getting TWOAIF any time soon, could someone provide the quote about HH, preferably all there is to it, if it's not too long?

I wouldn't mind, but it's A LOT of it. I could write some tidbits. Let me check... let me check...

Toss Robert among them and you have a monumental foursome.

A 4some with Jon and Robert? HR=HS is more likely.

I wonder if Rhaegar would win Trident and call Great Council, who would be part of council? Previous Council gathered almost all lords from Westeros but what now after rebellion? Half of kingdom was in open rebellion(and at least Starks and Baratheon were justified in their rebellion when Aerys demanded heads of Robert and Ned) and I doubt that Rhaegar could expect their support unless he takes hostages and blackmail them. Or it would be just lords from loyal Houses(Reach,Dorne,etc)? What do you think about that?

I wonder if Rhaegar would win Trident and call Great Council, who would be part of council? Previous Council gathered almost all lords from Westeros but what now after rebellion? Half of kingdom was in open rebellion(and at least Starks and Baratheon were justified in their rebellion when Aerys demanded heads of Robert and Ned) and I doubt that Rhaegar could expect their support unless he takes hostages and blackmail them. Or it would be just lords from loyal Houses(Reach,Dorne,etc)? What do you think about that?

That's a really good question. Does Lyanna still die in this scenario? Because if she was alive and had R's child, then I think R could have brought over Ned and the North quite easily given that she's explain that she wasn't kidnapped and raped. And if anyone could get Robert to calm down--erm...a bit--it might have been Ned, though I grant Robert is tricky. And of course, if Lyanna dies without telling Ned everything...I don't know. That makes it a lot harder.

Dorne, Dorne, Dorne. I go back to this every time politics is brought up but if Elia knew what was going on and was, moveover, somewhat accepting then she could convince Doran not to rise up against Rhaegar. It would not be easy...not even a little. But there's a chance.

Archived