According to this, what is the perfect dog for you?

dog quiz

My result was the German Pinscher and I have to say I agree. It isn't too big or small for my tastes. They're balanced as family dogs and guard dogs. They have nice coats and a nice life expectancy. This is the sort of dog I'll be looking for, to raise before I move next year.

Quiz said German Pinscher but Keeshonden will always be the best dogs for me.

Among my options:

"Flat-Coated Retriever- The Peter Pan of retrievers is known for its sense of humor."

Someone please explain to me how a dog can be known for its sense of humor.

I had a dog that enjoyed biting me in the ass, and she wasn't mean, she just wanted to walk in front of me.

Bernese which is fine, and a breed I considered when we got Guinness.

Too short lived for my taste, so the Newfie will always be my favoured giant breeds, with Bernese and Leo my favourites not accounting expected age, and not accounting my dislike of inbreeding.

I can't really agree with the 4 alternatives the quizz gives me.

I want a German Shepherd. I expect the quiz will show me something else completely, like a poodle or whatever.

*takes quiz*

Bernese Mountain Dog. Well that is not that bad, I like them. They are pretty and friendly and all.

If I ever get a chance to have a dog, I will still think about a German Shepherd, though.

Among my options:

"Flat-Coated Retriever- The Peter Pan of retrievers is known for its sense of humor."

No idea, but google images show a really beautiful dog, so whatever, it is pretty. ;)

Among my options:

I have a Flat-coated Retriever, he's a complete goofball. Definitely has a sense of humor. It's hard to define precisely, but it's there.

The test results say my ideal dogs are:

• kuvasz
  • brittany
  • curly-coated retriever
  • english cocker-spaniel
  • field spaniel

I must say I never considered getting any of these breeds, and have never before even heard of kuvasz :shocked:

Bullmastiff. Sweet.

I'm not planning to get a dog until I'm properly set up in life, though.

My Chihuahua loves my Italian Mastiff... He bosses her around all of the time.

When I was younger we used to spend summers at a place where there was a Newfoundland and a Yorkie. The Yorkie was definitely the boss man.
One time they were brought a present each - one tiny ball for the Yorkie, one huge one for the big dog. Of course, within minutes, the Yorkie was carrying around the one about three times his size.

Bernese Mountain Dog was my result.

I don't have a dog currently. My parents have a German Shepherd / Chow mix who I absolutely love. She's a rascal (likes to sneak "toys" out of the trash), but very sweet and protective of the house. I tend to like medium/big dogs (not a fan of mini breeds), and would probably go for some sort of Shepherd mix if I ever got a dog in the future.

I want a German Shepherd. I expect the quiz will show me something else completely, like a poodle or whatever.

*takes quiz*

Bernese Mountain Dog. Well that is not that bad, I like them. They are pretty and friendly and all.

If I ever get a chance to have a dog, I will still think about a German Shepherd, though.

No idea, but google images show a really beautiful dog, so whatever, it is pretty. ;)

Bucky, you'll be surprised to learn I used to have a German Shepherd. I'll try to find some photos. Yes, a shepherd would suit you. When you look try to find someone that breeds away from the tendency to hip dysplasia

The quiz gave me a Kuvasz, (never seen one before) Siberian husky, (no too much fur aachoo) English cocker spaniel, (maybe, dunno) English setter (well I grew up with an Irish setter, so maybe) Flat coated retriever (i get on with retrievers, so maybe)

My current dog is a Bull Terrier, he's listed as next best match!

My Chihuahua loves my Italian Mastiff... He bosses her around all of the time.

Good to know. I always worry about introducing dogs of that big a size difference though. Also, he's kind of an asshole.

Archived