Game of Thrones Audio Book

Lady Jeyne Reyne

Halfway through the audio book. If you like listening to books I highly recommend this one. It's read by Roy Dotrice and he is excellent. He does different voices for different characters. I'm really enjoying this audiobook. I've read it twice now and listening to it I am hearing new things, clues, portents of things to come that I missed the first couple times I read it.

Indeed andyg. And listening gives a whole different perspective. Roy Dotrice is a great reader. Hearing the dialogue spoken, with little pauses, different voices, vocal inflections - it just adds a whole new dimension to the story. I finished listening to the first book today. Now to wait for Clash of Kings from the library. I'm on a waiting list.

Audiobooks are fun and a great way to listen if you drive a lot (like I do).

I am in the process of separating out each individual chapter on all five books so I can create a 'Bran' playlist or whichever character I want to listen to just their story.

Plus I want to make a playlist that combines AFfC & ADwD so I can play it all in chronological order.

Enjoy!

I am in the process of separating out each individual chapter on all five books so I can create a 'Bran' playlist or whichever character I want to listen to just their story.

Plus I want to make a playlist that combines AFfC & ADwD so I can play it all in chronological order.

Enjoy!

any chance you can tell me how you did it?

any chance you can tell me how you did it?

I'm using Roxio Sound Editor (RSE)...but any sound editor program should work.

I 'ripped' all the CD's onto my computer. Opened the first CD in RSE. This editor has the sound envelope showing the sound waves. So I scroll until I see a gap...and that is usually the gap between chapters. I inserted a track change...exported the prior section as whichever chapter it is with chapter number (i.e. '18) ADwD - Tyrion V).

I use a lower bit rate (since it is all spoken word) and export as an .m4a file type.

If the chapter extends onto the next disc, which most do, I scroll to the end of the current disc, import the next disc and repeat.

It takes a while because these are long books as we all know and there are TONS of chapters.

But I am so happy that I did this! I have the TWoIaF and the TGoT yet to do. I started my last re-read prior to having this idea...so the last book I will do is AGoT.

Enjoy!

This is a fascinating idea. it's a lot of work to get the playlists but how fun to just listen to a character's story without interruption.

I love it! I wish I would have done it earlier.

I'm glad so many people like the idea :D I mentioned reading the books like that before and some people thought it was blasphemy because I was reading out of order. But I think it's really fun, focussing on one character at a time.

/currently re-listening to my Jon playlist.

I'm glad so many people like the idea :D I mentioned reading the books like that before and some people thought it was blasphemy because I was reading out of order. But I think it's really fun, focussing on one character at a time.

/currently re-listening to my Jon playlist.

Yup...I remember discussing this idea with you a while back on these forums...now I've done it and I love it! I'm currently doing a complete re-read (and Listen). After I finish this, I plan on doing re-reads per character, starting with Jon, then Arya then probably Daenerys.

Archived