Favourite Women

naseridrl

Are there any Blackwood women mentioned who weren't amazing? That bloodline seems to create only unrepentantly remarkable females.

Exactly. And Bloodraven had two half-Blackwood sisters too, who must of course have been ewually amazing.

Agnes remains my favourite though

Nymeria and Visenya duhhh

Exactly.

Sabitha is similar to Arya. She intrigued me but I wouldn't say I liked her since it was just a brief description. I wanted more on Daena though but surprisingly the section seemed to focus on Elaena. I liked all the mythical sounding stuff like swan maidens luring men to their deaths etc. Florys' description was amusing too.

Top 5:

Janaera Balaerys (the Amelia Earhart of the age)

Agnes Blackwood (bloody Brackens!)

Alysanne Blackwood (arrows in knights? This woman meant business)

Johanna Swann "The Black Swan" (a foreigner took over control of essentially an entire city)

and for equal first Nymeria and Rhaenys (sure Visenya wore the mail, but Rhaenys sent the (raven) mail and knitted the kingdom together by the sound of it

Oh that Agnes Blackwood reminded of Caterina Sforza in a specific instance:

The fortress of Ravaldino refused to surrender to the Orsis. Caterina offered to attempt to persuade the castellan, Tommaso Feo, to submit. The Orsis believed Caterina because she left her children as hostages, but once inside she let loose a barrage of vulgar threats and promises of vengeance against her former captors. According to a legend, when they threatened to kill her children, she exposed her genitals from the fortress walls and said: "Ho con me lo stampo per farne degli altri!." ("I have the mold to make more!") With the assistance of Ludovico il Moro, she defeated her enemies and regained possession of her dominions; she wreaked vengeance on those who had opposed her and re-established her power over Forlì.

When they strangled Agnes' sons she said she has other sons.

Visenya and Rhaenys were awesome. They formed really a good team with Aegon. Why did the subsequent Targs become so stupid?

Otherwise, Meria Martell, Nymeria, Black Alysanne Blackwood (she led the archers during the battle where Lord Borros Baratheon was defeated by the Lads of the Riverlands), Elaena Targaryen.... So many, really

. Florys' description was amusing too.

I loved the sound of her. Sometimes less is more, the idea of her juggling all those husbands being the start of three houses, and maybe being responsible for the cleverness of Lann just makes her sound so very intriguing. Although all the daughters of Garth sounded like they'd have stories aplenty to tell.

I loved the sound of her. Sometimes less is more, the idea of her juggling all those husbands being the start of three houses, and maybe being responsible for the cleverness of Lann just makes her sound so very intriguing. Although all the daughters of Garth sounded like they'd have stories aplenty to tell.

Three Houses being Lannister, Florent and Tyrell?

Yes. She worked in concert with Baela and Rhaena Targaryen to get Corlys Velaryon pardoned and have Cregan agree to it (since Cregan had had Corlys arrested following the Dance)

So, Badass Wife for a Badass Husband. Nice.

Maybe that was the Bride Price Cregan had to pay to marry Aly Blackwood?

Three Houses being Lannister, Florent and Tyrell?

Not sure about the Tyrells. Florents I imagine yes due to her name and the Fox part, Lannister by being the mother of Lann. It also says from the sons of her marriage sprang houses Peake and Ball. So she may have been mother to more houses. Lann isn't always credited to her sometimes its her sister who is his mother. In the Westerlands he masquerades as a son of Garth himself.

I do think it'd be cool though if someone with the name Lann the clever is the son of someone called Florys the Fox who was Garth's ''cleverest child'' as we are told. He had to learn it from somewhere.

Agnes Blackwood. Seriously, no love for her? :( "I'd rather have your sword in me than your cock." *metaphorical bitchslap*

Lady Johanna Lannister also seems to have socked it to the Iron Born a bit as well. Although not with the same kind of sass as Agnes. Tess started it and Lady Lannister finished it

Archived