If Ned or Cat could tell their surviving children one thing, what would they say?

Robb_Warged

Ned to Jon: I've lied to you all your life. You're no son of mine. Your mother is Lyanna, your father Rhaegar. Oh, and I could have told Catelyn this at any time, but I feared she might deliver you to Robert to be executed, but if she hadn't, you would have had a much nicer childhood. Oh, and you are not being honorable. BTW, yeah, keep defending the Wall.

Ned to Sansa: there is no honor in your lies. Trust the Bronze Yohn with your life. Oh, and Littlefinger back-stabbed me. So give him an honorable trial and execute him yourself, as it befits a Stark of Winterfell.

Ned to Arya: (just cries)

Ned to Bran: Wow... err... wow.

Ned to Rickon: No idea, really. Maybe he just apologizes for leaving him.

Cat to Jon: So you refused Stannis? Good... good. My job is done

Cat to Sansa: (Goes on and on in a tirade of all the recent history of all the Vale Houses and gives her sound advice. Advise which Sansa, emulating her older brother, promptly proceeds to ignore)

Cat to Arya: Get back to Westeros, look for your wolf and complete that list. There is no prettier sight than a direwolf killing your enemies

Ned would tell Jon who his mother is.

Catelyn would tell Sansa to find Arya.

Ned would Tell Ayra to find Sansa and be nicer to her.

Both would tell Bran to protect Rickon.

Catelyn would tell Rickon she loves him.

Awwww....

"Listen carefully kids. The winning lottery number is . Benjen is Daario, Rhaegar is Mance Raydar and Tywin is secretly the Dusky Woman."

Ned: When winter comes, the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives. The pack survives!

Cat: Do you understand what he's saying? The PACK. Get your butts back together!

Bonus...Rickard to his grandchildren: There must always be a Stark in Winterfell. Will one of you get back there?

Bonus...Rickard to his grandchildren: There must always be a Stark in Winterfell. Will one of you get back there?

Jon: Not a Stark, look somewhere else

Sansa: Busy here, trying to learn the game

Arya: But I wanna learn all the Kindly Man's tricks!

Bran: Sorry gramps, saving the world here

Rickon: But Shaggy likes unicorns and we have fat old man for dinner tonight!

Jeyne: Sorry, just a fake. Didn't like it in there anyways.

Cat to Arya: Get back to Westeros, look for your wolf and complete that list. There is no prettier sight than a direwolf killing your enemies

I doubt it since her advice before was centered towards being a proper lady. That is what she wanted for her. Even if she liked revenge a marriage alliance with swords (like how Alys Karstark did) would potentially achieve vengeance better as opposed to her list when half of them have nothing to do with House Stark or Tully. She would still be the lady Cat wanted her to be in that scenario.

I doubt it since her advice before was centered towards being a proper lady. That is what she wanted for her. Even if she liked revenge a marriage alliance with swords (like how Alys Karstark did) would potentially achieve vengeance better as opposed to her list when half of them have nothing to do with House Stark or Tully. She would still be the lady Cat wanted her to be in that scenario.

I don't know. Early AGOT? Sure. But after Ned's death Catelyn says and thinks stuff like

"Let me alone with Queen Cersei and I'll show you what a woman knows of vengeance"

"There was never a prettier sight" (than Summer ripping the throat of Bran's killer)

"Keep your wolf close" (to Robb)

I don't know. Early AGOT? Sure. But after Ned's death Catelyn says and thinks stuff like

"Let me alone with Queen Cersei and I'll show you what a woman knows of vengeance"

"There was never a prettier sight" (than Summer ripping the throat of Bran's killer)

"Keep your wolf close" (to Robb)

She's talking about herself not her child. Keep your wolf close is so the wolf will keep them alive. She saw their value but remember none of the other wolves behave like Nymeria. They don't hunt men like she does and mind you Nymeria has been killing the Riverland smallfolk so she might have even had a problem with the wolf eventually.

As for Cersei she also sympathized with her and when she was around a Lannister who she wanted vengeance against she didn't do a thing to him and acted the lady-Jamie.

ETA: That's like Brandon sleeping around. That doesn't mean he'd be ok if Lyanna chose her partner that wasn't her betrothed. That's not what he wanted for her. But Cat wasn't even going around murdering people until she went mad.

Archived