If Ned or Cat could tell their surviving children one thing, what would they say?

Robb_Warged

Did the Mongols ever conquer Sicily?

Nah he's referring to Crash Course World History in which John Greene often says something that nobody except the Mongols have down, then he says how nobody's done it or could do it, followed by "Unless you're the Mongols".

"Fuck the honor, do what you need to" - Ghost of Eddard Stark, former Warden of the North.

"Meh not so sure there Starkly Starkson, what did doing what I need to get me?" - Ghost Of Tywin Lannister, former Warden of the West.

"Fuck honor, and fuck doing what you need to, convert to Rh'llor" - Lady Stoneheart, still in existence to this day.

"Well hold on there just a second, Catsy poo. How do you explain THIS?" - Lord Beric Dondarrion, former harbinger to Rh'llor

"Oh, stop it Beric. You got the kiss you wanted, that's on your head" - Thoros

"Wait wait, he did WHAT?" - Ghost of Eddard Stark, former Warden of the North.

"HAHAHAHAHAHA!! You heard what he said! That's on HIS head, not that you would know, Ser Sleepy Hollow!" - Ghost Of Lord Tywin Lannister, former Warden of the West.

"Oh, you!" - cheesy grin, from Ghost Of Eddard Stark, former Warden Of The North

freeze-frame, applause track, roll credits, cheesy 80's sitcom music ("Iiiiiiive.....haaaaad......the time of my liiiiiiiiiiife......and I owe it all to youuuuuuuuu...")

A Question Of Honour was taped in front of a live-studio audience.

Nah he's referring to Crash Course World History in which John Greene often says something that nobody except the Mongols have down, then he says how nobody's done it or could do it, followed by "Unless you're the Mongols".

Yup, it's the same with the whole "You can't conquer Afghanistan" idea. The Mongols did, with a vengeance.

Of course, the Mongols did everything with a vengeance.

This reminds me

As a culture or country you get a lot of criticism for being cruel, ruthless murderers and conquerers and oppressors from John Greene...unless you're the Mongols.

Then it's fine because, you know, Kublai was not so bad.

To Jon Snow:

Ned: "You are Lyanna's son, and Rhaegar's. I made a promise to keep you safe, because your mother knew that a great many people would want you dead because of Rhaegar. I wanted you alive because of Lyanna. You may be their blood, but you still my son."

Cat: "Boy, do I feel like a heel now..."

To Sansa:

Cat: "Sansa, my poor sweet girl, it pains me to think Petyr turned into someone with not an speck of honour in him, and I say that knowing exactly what he wants from you. Find some man who is worthy, and able to make you happy."

Ned: "Sansa, I regret killing Lady. I regret ever letting Joffrey into your life. I regret sheltering you from all of life's dark shadows because you were always such a good girl. But now that you know more of how life really works, I have one request... Littlefinger. Moon door. NOW!"

To Bran:

Ned: "I'm so sorry I never got to see you wake. You are a good boy, and the Reeds are the best friends you could have. Help your brothers and sisters to understand, unite them if you can. Winter has come."

Cat: "I'm so sorry I never got to see you wake, but I am so glad to know that you and Rickon were not killed. Now, can you please save me? I went a bit mad and think I'm not myself anymore."

To Rickon:

Ned: "Be respectful of your wildling foster mommy. Learn to hunt and fish, and fight like a man. But remember, you are a Stark of Winterfell. Keep your wolf close."

Cat: "Wait, I leave Winterfell, so now my little baby's being raised by a wildling ?!"

To Arya:

Cat: "Vengeance? You know as much as I do. Command? You knew without me ever having to show you how. Still, even if you don't want to be the woman I was, you still need to know what it means to be one - womanhood is coming."

Ned: "You remind me more and more of Lyanna as you grow up. But wild as she seemed, you truly have the wolf blood - as ferocious and unconquered as the Starks of old. A warrior. A leader. I'm proud of you, but I can't say I don't feel sad knowing how hard it was for you to learn, as I did, that killing is no game. ... Daughter, heed my words: You may be need to be cunning, ruthless, and deadly to our foes, but do not forget your honour. You are a Stark of Winterfell. Winter has come and your pack needs you. The future of all Starks is in your hands. All men must die, but it's why they choose to live and die that matters."

This is beautiful :crying:

Ned to Sansa: Remember your House, Remember your Family, Remember your Name. Now, take down the devil you now call your Father.

Cat to Sansa: I taught you the fairy tale stories that brought you in the terrible situation you are in now. If you haven't already, let go of those stories, all of them. With that said, don't trust Petyr, never lay yourself bare to him, physically and emotionally.

Ned to Arya: Sometimes it's best to look over your honour and values, as I should have done earlier to protect my family. But never forget your honour and values, it makes you who you are.

Cat to Arya: Arya... Find your sister, she's in the Vale with Petyr. She need's you, and believe it or not you need her.

Don't care about the rest tbh.

• 2 weeks later...

This reminds me

As a culture or country you get a lot of criticism for being cruel, ruthless murderers and conquerers and oppressors from John Greene...unless you're the Mongols.

Then it's fine because, you know, Kublai was not so bad.

Nah he calls the Mongols out on their shit too.

A nice, christmas carol-inspired scenario would be in which all the Stark kids would be magically warned they'd encounter the ghost/have a vision of one of their parents in a specific day. Sansa sees her Lady Mother. Aya sees Ned. Bran gets Ned. No would but Rickon ever know which one visited him. Jon gets all worked up and anxious to see either Ned or maybe, just maybe. his mother and finally discover who she was... and he gets a visit of Rhaegar.

Archived