Sansa to redeem Lady Stoneheart?

jaimereborn

At this point I'm honestly not sure if LS even CAN be redeemed.

She certainly doesn't feel that what she is doing is wrong in any way, so why would she stop killings Frey's and Lannister's based on Sansa's say-so?

I think her mind might even be so far gone that when she see's Sansa, she either may not recognize her or think she is vision of her younger self, of what she once was, and that image may drive her even crazier. (Crazy enough to try and destroy the 'vision?' Oh what heartbreaking irony, finally finding one of her girls only to kill her in a fit of madness.)

IMO none of these stories are going to have happy endings. :frown5:

I don't think that's foreshadowing any more than Sansa wishing some hero would cut off Janos Slynt's head (which is NOT foreshadowing, for God's sake).

Also, why does Lady Stoneheart even need redemption? What did she even do that was particularly wrong from her POV?

I'am waiting to see how many more of Sansa's wishes come true, and they don't need to be exact either, if she wished a hero would kill Janos Sylnt and Jon or Stannis or another killed him either hanging, burning, headless etc. it came true, she wished that the Sept of Baleor be burned down ( that I believe is coming ) plenty of wildfire around and a maniac who would use it.

If enough of her wishes do come true than they could be a form of foreshadowing but one wish isn't enough.

Yeah, always it's always the victim's criminal's fault, never the person judge doing it. :rolleyes:

Fixed for you.

She certainly doesn't feel that what she is doing is wrong in any way, so why would she stop killings Frey's and Lannister's based on Sansa's say-so?

And she is right.

Sansa wouldn't tell her to stop either. Given the power, she'd do exactly the same.

Fixed for you.

No you didn't "fix" anything. You just changed a couple words in an attempt to cover up and draw attention from the fact that LS is an evil cold-blooded murderer. Most murderers think themselves in the right and their victims had it coming. That doesn't justify their lack of morality at all.

If you want to argue against the death penalty, be my guest.

In any other case, Lady Stoneheart is simply the judge doing justice and doing the best job of it since Ned Stark was still Hand of the King.

What LS is doing is not always justice. Just look at Thoros, who remembers how they once dealt justice under different leadership.

Also, hanging Pod and Hyle Hunt for the crime of...fighting for the wrong side cannot be just in any way, nor is it something that "old" Catelyn would have done. They, along with Brienne, were caught because they stayed at the inn to protect the children.

Who invested her with the right to judgement? She is a result of the crown failing in it's duty to administer justice, which is why Goldenhand the Just is there, to learn the terrible consequences of that failure in duty.

How about her being the highest-ranking, free member of the Stark or Tully family?

With Edmure a prisoner, she is the acting Lady Paramount of the Riverlands. With Robb dead, she is the regent for the KitN.

What LS is doing is not always justice. Just look at Thoros, who remembers how they once dealt justice under different leadership.

Also, hanging Pod and Hyle Hunt for the crime of...fighting for the wrong side cannot be just in any way, nor is it something that "old" Catelyn would have done. They, along with Brienne, were caught because they stayed at the inn to protect the children.

Thoros doesn't like obvious zombies. Lady Stoneheart is more just than Beric ever was.

In Westeros, that is a death-worthy crime. Furthermore, Hyle Hunt participated in murdering Rivermen while being part of Randyll Tarly's command and Pod assisted Tyrion in his crimes.

In Westeros, that is a death-worthy crime. Furthermore, Hyle Hunt participated in murdering Rivermen while being part of Randyll Tarly's command and Pod assisted Tyrion in his crimes.

No, it doesn't seem to be a norm in Westerosi society. Starks, Lannisters, Tyrells, Stannis etc. all take prisoners, and usually either keep them for an exchange or offer them pardon in exchenge for their support. The only ones who outright murder them are Gregor and Vargo, which is not the company LS should be aspiring at.

And even putting that aside, where's the sense in killing Pod and Hyle? It will achieve absolutely nothing, expect vanquishing two innocent lives. They were not a threat, nor they have (unlike Freys) committed some actual crime they deserve punishment for. Their hanging is, in a word - completely senseless. Certainly not just.

edit: grammar

How about her being the highest-ranking, free member of the Stark or Tully family?

With Edmure a prisoner, she is the acting Lady Paramount of the Riverlands. With Robb dead, she is the regent for the KitN.

So all it takes to randomly execute anyone you don't happen to like is a dubious claim to an illegitimate state? Yeah, that's a parody-- I mean paragon of justice there. :rolleyes:

Archived