I really hate to admit this as a possibility, but...

OrangeStallion

There might be some truth to the dragon eggs hidden in the crypts of Winterfell. According to Mushroom in the world of ice and fire, Alysanne and/or Jahaerys' dragons could have laid a clutch of eggs or they could have been brought with them.

How could they and/or their men get the eggs into the crypts and why? I don't know.

On the same page, it is speculated by the maester that Winterfell is heated on one of the "furnaces of the world" similar to the fourteen fires of Old Valyria and Dragonstone. What does this mean? It might be a volcano, and an active volcano (possibly even a super volcano, like Yellowstone national park, for example). If somehow the Targaryens at the time knew this or figured it out, it may be an excellent place to place a cache of eggs, especially if one or both of the king/queen had a dream that led them to do this.

Would the eggs still be hatchable? I don't know. Dany's were, so it's not out of the question.

Sorry if I'm making something out of nothing, but whenever Mushroom says something, I feel very inclined to believe what he says.

A dragon egg in the crypts is certainly possible. As to what heats Winterfell, I think the burning of Winterfell by the Boltons prove it is just a hot spring that heats the wall, as well as the description of Cat's chambers. Her chambers were not just warm, but humid. When Bran and Co came out if the crypts (that would be warmer if Winterfell sat on a volcano) they saw collapsed walls spewing water.

A dragon egg in the crypts is certainly possible. As to what heats Winterfell, I think the burning of Winterfell by the Boltons prove it is just a hot spring that heats the wall, as well as the description of Cat's chambers. Her chambers were not just warm, but humid. When Bran and Co came out if the crypts (that would be warmer if Winterfell sat on a volcano) they saw collapsed walls spewing water.

Agree.

Archived