Farmersonly.com ... racist?

Ken Stone

So we've all seen the corny, god-awful commercials for the website FarmersOnly.com. Apparently there is some stirring around the internet that the site is actually "WhitePeopleOnly.com". There exists plenty of race specific dating sites, but of course you can't make a "WhitePeopleOnly.com". Instead they named it "FarmersOnly" sense the vast, vast majority of Farmers (in the US) are white. For sure everyone on the commercial is white, doing very white things and talking in very white ways. IDK, it's a story you may want to follow.

Not really sure what the point of a white only dating site woudl be. Most dating sites are mostly whites, and it's not exactly difficult to just not pursue or respond to people of other races if you don't want to.

I think the only point of blackpeoplemeet.com is that the dating sites are overwhelmingly white people, and it gives you a chance to find other black people rather than sifting through 90 white profiles to find ten black profiles.

Not really sure what the point of a white only dating site woudl be. Most dating sites are mostly whites, and it's not exactly difficult to just not pursue or respond to people of other races if you don't want to.

I think the only point of blackpeoplemeet.com is that the dating sites are overwhelmingly white people, and it gives you a chance to find other black people rather than sifting through 90 white profiles to find ten black profiles.

:agree: Is this not like having a dating site only for straight people?

more important than the race politics, the site advertises itself as for farmers and ranchers. how does it propose to overcome this historical antagonism?

Republicans have married democrats, so I wouldn't worry too much

more important than the race politics, the site advertises itself as for farmers and ranchers. how does it propose to overcome this historical antagonism?

I'd assume it is blocked at the Johnson County public library.

If the commercial is racist code, I don't think they're doing a good job of it. The ones I've seen, my thought was - wow these people are super rural (which, after all, is the point) not wow this is non-white unfriendly and people who hate black people would sure want to date these people.

Here is an example of the commercials, for those who haven't been privileged enough to see them. Tell me that isn't a wink and nudge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYun_5-tpvc

That's a take-off, right?

If that is seriously their ad then I think the rest of us should just wish anyone going on the site good luck and be on our way.

That's a take-off, right?

If that is seriously their ad then I think the rest of us should just wish anyone going on the site good luck and be on our way.

I swear by all that is holy that is an actual ad that is run on prime time.

Archived