Lomas Longstrider's Wonders

Apparently Lomas Longstrider counted seven natural wonders and nine man made ones, so I thought I'd list them all here, and we can speculate on what the others might be. Tell me if I've missed any.

Natural Wonders

- Cavern system in Norvos

Man Made Wonders

- The stone roads of Valyria

- Bells of Norvos

- The long bridge of Volantis

- The palace with a thousand rooms in Sarnath

- The walls of Qarth

I'm not sure whether the Titan of Braavos is one of them. The text implies it is but doesn't confirm it - 'Lomas Longstrider marveled at the Titan of Braavos—the great fortress of stone and bronze in the shape of a warrior that bestrides the main entrance into the lagoon—but the true wonder is the Arsenal.'

I also found a contradiction when it comes to Lomas Longstrider. We're told - Lomas Longstrider reports that, even in far Asshai-by-the-Shadow, there were merchants who asked him if it was true that the “Lion Lord” lived in a palace of solid gold and that crofters collected a wealth of gold simply by plowing their fields.'

Yet later on we're also told - Lomas Longstrider never saw Asshai-by-the-Shadow.

So did he travel to Asshai or not?

We know of this:

Man-made Wonders (italics: Guesswork)

1. The Wall

2. The Titan of Braavos

3. Valyrian Roads

4. Triple Walls of Qarth

5. Three Bells of Norvos

6. Long Bridge of Volantis

7. The Palace with a Thousand Rooms of Sarnath

8. Great Pyramid of Old Ghis (Barristan mentions how Lomas Longstrider visited the Great Pyramid)

9. The Five Forts (Lomas thought the ruins of Yi Ti put Westerosi ruins to shame, and each of the Five Forts can hold 10,000 men and their walls are 300 meters tall)

Natural Wonders:

1. Cavern system of Norvos

The rest: No idea

What modern maesters know about Longstrider surely comes from his books. If it says he "marveled" at something, I think it's safe to assume it was one of his wonders he wrote about in the book.

He marveled at the ruins of Yi Ti...so maybe not the Five Forts, which are perfectly functional, but Tiqui, which would be the Yi Ti equivalent of Xi'an?

Archived