Archer Season Whatever: Caress of Krieger

Myshkin

That last line was fucking gold lol. That sealed a fantastic episode.

"Sorry I tried to spit roast your mom."

I had to rewind and listen to it a couple of times to get all the words right! Funny as hell.

also..."So...Do you guys do phrasing?"

After Susan B! Our ugliest President!

Funny as hell episode. Cartoon sex makes me uncomfortable...but it's like a train wreck...I can't not look!

So is Krieger going to build a bionic hand for Ray?

Does Ray still have bionic legs? or has that kind of dissolved into obscurity and just ignored now?

Holy shit, even for the show that Lana-Archer sex scene was pretty intense and visual. Awesome.

Good reminder that Cyril is pathetic, too. Still trying to weasel his way back into Lana's good graces by the flimsiest of opportunities, all of which went wrong this episode.

So is Krieger going to build a bionic hand for Ray?

Does Ray still have bionic legs? or has that kind of dissolved into obscurity and just ignored now?

Ray still has bionic legs, although the fact that he now needs a bionic arm as well really puts Clone-Krieger on the spot (I think). Pre-Season 6 Krieger could have easily given Ray a bionic arm, but can Clone-Krieger do it too?

Holy shit, even for the show that Lana-Archer sex scene was pretty intense and visual. Awesome.

Good reminder that Cyril is pathetic, too. Still trying to weasel his way back into Lana's good graces by the flimsiest of opportunities, all of which went wrong this episode.

Ray still has bionic legs, although the fact that he now needs a bionic arm as well really puts Clone-Krieger on the spot (I think). Pre-Season 6 Krieger could have easily given Ray a bionic arm, but can Clone-Krieger do it too?

GOOD POINT!

Holy I did not expect this show to go that far...

Also poor Ray. On the upside, I hope there is a showdown with him and Barry.

It was pretty graphic - certainly the most it's been since the first season. Good to see the characters getting closer. I really enjoyed Archer and Pam adnittinf they were best friends. It actually fits.

The whole episode felt old school.

I was surprised how into that sex scene the show got, it somehow seemed out of place.

Did Ray have bionic legs or did he just have a chip that made his old legs work again? I forget. But either wya with that plant the show seems to actually be doing Sci-Fi now, what with the aliens.

Regarding the sex scene, I feel like I read somewhere that this is one of those cases where they really wanted some sort of scene, so they sent something way too graphic to FX's standards and practices. That way, when asked to tone it down, they could do that while still having some type of scene. But standards and practices had no comment, so the initial overly graphic scene ended up the final cut.

Either way though, I thought it was uncomfortably over the top, and I almost never think that about things in this show.

I must say it didn't really bother me. I thought it was very well done and I like that they are able to create a scene like that (not that I want one every episode, but you get my point). Perhaps my Euro-sensitivities?

I don't think it felt out of place, at least to me. The show has always pushed the edge of what is acceptable on basic cable, with tons of implied sex and nudity (even if it's only butts).

I'm marathoning the previous episodes, and just finished Season 1. The Lana-Cyril relationship is way more dysfunctional than I remembered - Cyril's pretty obviously a "rebound guy" for Lana, he's a clingy dishonest bastard, she only likes him when he's completely servile and predictable (and even then it's just "likes"). It's a sad reflection on Cyril that he thinks that was the best part of his life back in "Wind Cries Mary".

EDIT: Finished Season 2. Holy shit, I forgot how much of an asshole Archer was to Barry before the cyborgization.

Archived