The Most Useless Trivial Thing you Know

Lany Freelove Cassandra

Dogs can't look up.

You mean without turning their head? My dog definitely looks up, examples include looking up if I put a treat above her head, and putting her head straight up when she is in the backseat of the car so that she can see the sky. She's a funny dog.

Bell was not the inventor of the telephone, that was Meucci, but the man who commercialized and exploited it.

The fax machine was invented before the telephone, which initially sounded odd to me since it's not something I really thought of as being a 19th Century invention but I guess it makes sense since transmitting pictures would be easier than transmitting sound.

In Germany science teacher Philipp Reis is credited as inventor of the telephone (and microphone), but according to wikipedia he might have been about a year later (1861) than Meucci. But clearly earlier than Bell, of course.

I think I also read once that about every famous invention Edison is credited with had actually been invented but not exploited by someone else several years before

Is Sponge his hype man?

eta: Pinsky played guitar in some emo band at some point. Who knew the cast had so much talent? I mean the theme song was great, but if I recall the gang's favorite band was Whitesnake.

The band was Rilo Kiley, alongside Jenny Lewis, another child actor

Archived