Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens

Cold Crashing Waves

I'm okay with it. Better than "A New Hope" from a conceptual standpoint. (Yes, I know that movie was essentially just titled Star Wars.). Definitely better than "Attack of the Clones."

I'm more bemused that they dropped the Episode VII moniker. I thought the idea was that VII, VIII and IX would be identified by their numbers as part of the 'main' story and it was the side-movies which would just be Star Wars Colon Generic Crap.

I'm more bemused that they dropped the Episode VII moniker. I thought the idea was that VII, VIII and IX would be identified by their numbers as part of the 'main' story and it was the side-movies which would just be Star Wars Colon Generic Crap.

Episode VII is still part of the title.

According to the extended universe it hasn't. But I think Disney said its no longer canon. Which is kind of a bitch slap to all the people who spent time writing and planning the universa and timeline.

Well I've never read any of the EU and I don't want the next films to have to stick to it, so I really don't see that as a bad thing,

It makes as much as sense as the Force being out of balance.

Well, the ying is now in balance with the yang

the light with the dark

the earth with the sky

the chocolate with the peanut butter

episode I was initially balance of the force, and VI was revenge of the jedi--so it's at least a 33% chance that this one's title gets revised before release to something even sillier.

maybe it should be amended to the thousandfold force, in which geriatric JK must defeat invasion of nihilistic hedonist transhumans who seek to genocide entire world because sadism-religion.

episode I was initially balance of the force, and VI was revenge of the jedi--so it's at least a 33% chance that this one's title gets revised before release to something even sillier.

This has been announced everywhere, including the main Star Wars site. This is the title.

Archived