Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens

Cold Crashing Waves

I still think The Empire Strikes Back is a terrible title. Whereas The Phantom Menace sounds cool as.

I really like The Empire Strikes Back, it gives such a sense of threat and doom that really fit with the movie as a whole. A New Hope's kinda dumb, and Return of the Jedi is alright but Revenge of the Jedi would've been better. The Phantom Menace is also alright, Attack of the Clones is really bad, and Revenge of the Sith is trying too hard.

So, The Force Awakens fits right in with the quality level of previous titles. Its okay, but nothing special. If Star Trek hadn't already taken it, The Next Generation would've been pretty good I think.

TBH all the titles would be better if treated like fortune cookie fortunes.

The Phantom Menace in bed

The Attack of the Clones in bed

The Revenge of the Sith in bed

A New Hope in bed

The Empire Strikes Back in bed

The Return of the Jedi in bed

The Force Awakens in bed

You're welcome (in bed)

TBH all the titles would be better if treated like fortune cookie fortunes.

The Phantom Menace in bed

The Attack of the Clones in bed

The Revenge of the Sith in bed

A New Hope in bed

The Empire Strikes Back in bed

The Return of the Jedi in bed

The Force Awakens in bed

You're welcome (in bed)

best one :lmao:

and the new title almost matches it

Not the biggest fan of the title but that's okay. Also, Revenge of the Jedi just sounds very wrong.

I'm still hoping Domnhall Gleeson's is the actor playing the main role, that would probably surprise a lot of people.

Not the biggest fan of the title but that's okay. Also, Revenge of the Jedi just sounds very wrong. I'm still hoping Domnhall Gleeson's is the actor playing the main role, that would probably surprise a lot of people.

I think the two newcomer actors have the main roles. John Boyega and Daisy Ridley. I think I've heard that somewhere.

I think the two newcomer actors have the main roles. John Boyega and Daisy Ridley. I think I've heard that somewhere.

That's what I heard as well, although I think it's more in the long term (like the next two movies). I feel like Han/Leia/Luke will be pretty damn prominent in the first one.

ETA: As for the title, it's pretty boring. Not bad, just generic. That being said I could see the title being a lot better once we have the faintest inkling of the story is about.

According to the extended universe it hasn't. But I think Disney said its no longer canon. Which is kind of a bitch slap to all the people who spent time writing and planning the universa and timeline.

To be fair, I don't think that the EU writers spent more than a weekend 'planning' and cranking out stories for SW. That thing's a damn mess.

ETA: When I saw this thread, I thought to myself 'oh, I hope that's not the title...'

According to the extended universe it hasn't. But I think Disney said its no longer canon. Which is kind of a bitch slap to all the people who spent time writing and planning the universa and timeline.

Nah, its not. Even at the beginning, they've always held that the movies can and will override whatever the authors slap together. Initially, it was basically outright stated that the clones were a dangerous force that almost destroyed the galaxy (that had to unify under the Emperor to defeat them, by implication), which is why cloning was banned forever. Lucas overrode that without a thought and none of the authors really cared.

Plus, I don't know of a single SW fan that doesn't look at some things from the EU and go "that shit is stupid and I'm going to ignore it." As far as I'm concerned, Crystal Star never, ever happened. Plus a bunch of other crap, Midichlorians included. Plus, EU stuff can actually continue to be published under the "Legends" label and use that continuity. This is something comic-book fans dealt with a long time ago; I'm sure EU SW fans will too.

Wait, wait, wait, wait, waitwaitwaitwaitwait! The post-Return of the Jedi stories are no longer canon? Not the novels? Not the comics?

Ugh...

That wipes like 90 % of the accumulated lore. I'm not a hardcore Star Wars fans, but those who are will literally foam at the mouth...It's incredible the devotion some of those people puts on it.

Well, lets find the silver lining: Maybe they won't make every single character fall into the Dark Side and come back this time. Maybe they will have Luke travel the Galaxy looking for ancient Force traditions before he refounds the Jedi Order, instead of doing it decades afterwards, being already a grandfather.

Most of the EU sucked anyway.

Yeah, I don't like most of the stories, but, as I said, there are hardcore fans who have dedicated a lot of time and love.to gather every piece of information and make it into a (kind of) coherent universe. I feel for them.

Archived