Taena Merryweather

dsug

Do you think Taena Merryweather will appear in Season 5? I know nothing's been announced but I mean it's not impossible. Just asking because I personally love her weird relationship with Cersei.

No, I don't think she will be in and I am quite upset about it. The relationship between Cersei and Taena really shows Cerseis personality, her inner thoughts and how she interacts with other people. Are there any women in KL that can take Taenas place? I can't remember any lady present at KL except the Tyrells.

Maybe Qyburn or that servant girl who told Cersei about Tyrion and Shae can take some of Taenas role, but to be honest I think it's all cut. Cerise will just wander about in KL next season with no or few servants and friends and interact with the rest of the main cast.

Do you think Taena Merryweather will appear in Season 5? I know nothing's been announced but I mean it's not impossible. Just asking because I personally love her weird relationship with Cersei.

I don't think so. Her initial appearance was testifying against Tyrion at his trial after all.

I don't think so. Her initial appearance was testifying against Tyrion at his trial after all.

Even if they were planning to use Taena, I don't think they would have used the trial to introduce her. Casting her and bringing her in for a non-memorable role in season 3 is kind of a pain and then you have to re-introduce her in season 4 anyway because nobody is going to remember the face of the girl with one minute of screen time a year ago. And the trial in the show was a very clean, streamlined conclusion to Tyrion's time in Kings Landing. New characters would have sapped the trial of its energy and intensity and risked letting it drag.

I don't expect Taena to show up. She's basically the same as Ros, it would be kinda weird to retread that path in the show. And Cersei's sudden desire for companionship and sex with a woman is risky - could come across a random titillating development. And I'd rather see Cersei interact with Margery and Tommen than with Taena - the show can explore Cersei's loneliness and twisted power dynamics through those relationships without introducing a new character.

• 2 months later...

Could they use Lollys in this role?

As someone to befriend Cercei and for Cercei to talk with and discuss her plans etc. (maybe not the sex scene).

im pretty sure Cersei views Her as a fat retard so...

Archived