People you know in real life with ASOIAF names.

SerHodor

One of my favorite parts about the fictional universe created by GRRM is the names. First and last. So I was just wondering, does anyone happen to know anyone in real life with either a first name of a character or the last (or both!)?. I suppose we could exclude a couple of the more common names such as Robert, Jaimie, Robb, and Jon.

I knew a guy in the 90s named Wyman. Ironically a rather portley gentleman, I used to work for him during the summer in my teen years doing landscaping. He was overall a very sweet man. Loved watching NASCAR.

I went to high school with a young man named Theon. Not much in common with Mr. Greyjoy however. African American fellow.

My favorite would be a man I knew back in college.His name was Jerry or Gerard or something, but his last name I specifically remember was Hodor. Portley, short, and half Italian. Used to eat lots of Subway sandwiches in our night class.

That's about all I can come up with at the moment.

You?

My name is DagmAr, but I'm a girl. I guess that counts. I also know a Roderick who is a very kind elderly gentlemen so I suppose quite close to Ser Rodrik. But no whiskers. I know several girls named Jana, which is quite close to Janos.

Archived