Season 5 predicted deaths (BOOK AND SHOW SPOILERS)

JonSnowed

I notice this was brought up in the casting thread but felt it deserved a spot in here. Anyone want to make predictions on Season 5 deaths considering it's likely to cover most of AFFC/ADWD and some of Winds?

I'll go with the following as likely:

* Maester Aemon

* Janos Slynt

Quite possible:

* Stannis

* Ramsay

* Roose Bolton

* Bron

* Robyn of the vale.

* Missandei

* Barristan

* Jorah Mormont

* Miranda

I am ignoring the major cliff hanger to an A tier character as I feel that is very unlikely to be confirmed in this season either they'll leave it as the final sequence or he/she will be confirmed as alive.

What strikes me is the distinct lack of deaths compared to previous seasons so don't be surprised if we get some not yet published but planned early in Winds of Winter!

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely:

- Janos Slynt

- Aemon

- Meryn Trant

- Grey Worm and/or Barristan

- Pycelle

- Balon Greyjoy

Possible:

- Davos

- Stannis

- Ramsay

- Roose

- Littefinger

- Varys (especially if they cut Aegon)

- Olenna Tyrell ( I don't see her and Cersei getting along much better)

- Jorah

- Bronn

- Myrcella

- Brienne and/or Podrick

- Lancel

Most Likely:

Aemon

Janos Slynt

Meryn Trant (replacing Dareon)

Pycelle

Myranda (replacing Ramsay's boys' death)

Jon Snow (not permanently)

Whoever stabs Jon - Thorne? Marsh?

Olyvar (replaces blue bard)

Varamyr

Gregor (technically?)

Current High Septon

Melara

Bunches of unnamed characters in Mereen

Possible:

Fat Walda (replacing Frey kid's death?)

Balon Greyjoy (might survive until season 6)

Robyn Arryn (possibility if Sansa's arc moves into TWOW)

Mance (maybe Stannis just burns him, maybe Ramsay gets him)

Podrick or Hot Pie (maybe Brienne spends part of the season wandering around while terrible things happen)

Lollys (maybe Cersei gets mad at Jaime and takes it out on Lollys / Bronn?)

Olly (could be a second victim in Jon's stabbing; could run into trouble with wildlings)

Shireen (maybe sacrificed for Jon's resurrection)

At least one of: Grey Worm / Barristan / Dario / Missandei / Jorah / Hizdahr (some named Mereenese characters will probably die at the end of the season)

At least one of: Roose / Ramsay / Manderly / Stannis / Theon / Yara / Davos (if Battle of Winterfell happens, some named characters will probably die)

Probably not in season 5, but conceivable:

Loras (apparently suffers grievous wound in books)

Olenna (maybe Varys shoots her)

Littlefinger (maybe Sansa moves into TWOW land)

Brienne (I doubt it, but who knows)

Gilly (she exited the narrative in the books, and is possibly expendable)

Beric (I don't expect to see the BWB again until season 6)

My predictions:

- Maester Aemon

- Janos Slynt

- Meryn Trant

- Bronn

- Myranda

- Fat Walda

- the Blackfish (to Sansa)

- a bunch of random unnamed and/or tertiary characters (wildings, squires, slaves, servants, peasants)

Also,

- Jon Snow (not really).

I'm getting used to the idea that the battle of Winterfell will be shifted to the next season (or at least its outcome will).

Sure bet: That One Character Whose Death Causes You To Quit The Show, And Forces D&D They Suck At Managing It

Well, I wish. More realistically:

Sure bet: Those who die in the books - Janos Slynt, Maester Aemon, High Septon (have to make room for Jonathan Pryce), Balon Greyjoy (should have died last season).

Likely - Pycelle, Kevan Lannister. They ought to get that far.

Possible - Meryn Trant, replacing Dareon, if they can justify it. Loras, if he's really supposed to die in the books. Barristan, if his time is coming. Whoever isn't supposed to survive the Battle of Ice - probably Roose. I'd wish for Ramsey, but they've got to have a clear villain-type in the North.

Here's my predictions:

• Janos Slynt - I believe this will happen fairly early in the season, like around episode 3. I could see his death be a little changed from how it happened in the book. Instead of ignoring Jon's commands, Slynt's death may be a result of the Wildlings passing through the Wall. His protests against it turns hostile and Jon beheads him in front of everyone, for example.
  • Maester Aemon - Here's the deal; I don't think Aemon will be going on a boat trip on the show. I think he will die at the Wall, and after his death Jon sends Sam to Oldtown as they are in need of a new maester. I think it would work well anyway, and we'd be able to skip the scenes with Sam, Gilly and Aemon on the boat and in Braavos.
  • Meryn Trant - This is a pretty obvious one. The show will merge Dareon and Rafford and have Arya cross Trant off her list in the season finale. Valar Morghulis.
  • Balon Greyjoy - Here I'm getting a little uncertain. I have no idea what they're going to do with the Ironborn, but if everything goes as I've hoped, Balon will die this season, and Euron getting introduced in the next. Balon could die off or on screen this season, doesn't really matter but it would be nice to see Patrick Malahide one last time. And it wouldn't take that much time seeing him fall off a bridge.
  • Barristan Selmy - Right now, I'm thinking Barristan will bite it this season. The show has done a pretty bad job with the character, ignoring most of the badass grandpa he is in the books. There's also a strong possibility he isn't long for the book world either, and if he dies in the battle of Meereen, I could see the show having him die earlier, as I doubt we'll be seeing the battle on the show.
  • Myranda - Hopefully the show will include the battle of the frozen lake this season, and I could see Myranda be a casualty in that. She'll be in at least one of Nutters episode, so it's a possibility. I think it'd be cool to see a fight between Myranda and Yara.
  • Fat Walda Frey - If the killings inside Winterfell is going to have some sort of impact, I think the victims need to be someone we know.
  • Robin Arryn - Yeah, I think he'll be a goner soon.

Right now, I'm thinking we won't be seeing the death of Pycelle (and possibly Kevan) until next season. So if you're not counting Jon Snow, season 5 will be pretty light on big character deaths.

Here's my predictions:

• Balon Greyjoy - Here I'm getting a little uncertain. I have no idea what they're going to do with the Ironborn, but if everything goes as I've hoped, Balon will die this season, and Euron getting introduced in the next. Balon could die off or on screen this season, doesn't really matter but it would be nice to see Patrick Malahide one last time. And it wouldn't take that much time seeing him fall off a bridge.

I mostly agree with your predictions (well, I added Bronn because I don't like Bronn and hope to see him dead soon). But wouldn't it be the better choice to kill Balon and have Euron appear in the same season? In the books, Euron, pretty cheekily, showed the day after Balon's death, which led people (in-world and in the fandom) to speculate he was responsible. If Balon dies this season, and Euron shows up the next, this immediate connection will be broken, don't you think?

• 3 weeks later...

Most likely are the ones that die in the books

- Janos Slynt

- Maester Aemon

- Ser Kevan Lannister

- Pycelle

- Ser Meryn Trant, replacing Raff the Sweetling in Arya's Mercy POV.

- King Balon IX Greyjoy, who should have died already in season 3. They will kill him, then show Asha arriving to Pyke and she hears that Euron is the king. Euron will be a regular next season and attack Oldtown.

- That unnamed Kingsguard they cast, replacing ser Arys.

and propably

- Myranda, being the one of murders in WF.

Here's my predictions, but most likely half of these won't happen.

Balon Greyjoy - His death is long overdue, maybe a scene where Yara returns to the Iron Islands and learns he is dead.

Janos Slynt - Will likely follow what happens in the books and be executed by Jon

Lord of Bones - Will be burned by Melisandre

Maester Aemon - Will die at the Wall sometime during the middle of the season and Jon will send Sam to the Citadel

Kevan Lannister - Not sure if he'll be in, but Varys will murder him at the end of the season

Pycelle - Needs to die as soon as possible, but will be murdered by Varys at the end of the season

Meryn Trant - Will replace Ralf the Sweetling in Arya's Mercy POV to cross another name off her list

Barristan Selmy/Grey Worm - Will die in the Battle of Meereen after Daznak's Pit

Robin Arryn - Has to be killed by Sansa

Bronn - I think this might be Bronn's last season and he could die in Dorne

Mance Rayder - Also burned by Stannis

Shireen - Used to sacrifice Jon as Melisandre said, "The Lord of Light needs her"

Loras Tyrell - Based off of that video where he is taken away, I think his death will come as a surprise

If Battle of Winterfell happens this season:

Roose Bolton - Possibly Stannis kills him during the Battle of Ice

Myranda - Will be one of the murders in the Winterfell

Fat Walda Frey - Will die at Winterfell

Theon Greyjoy - Executed by Stannis based off of his POV in WOW

Here's my predictions, but most likely half of these won't happen.

Balon Greyjoy - His death is long overdue, maybe a scene where Yara returns to the Iron Islands and learns he is dead.

Janos Slynt - Will likely follow what happens in the books and be executed by Jon

Lord of Bones - Will be burned by Melisandre

Maester Aemon - Will die at the Wall sometime during the middle of the season and Jon will send Sam to the Citadel

Kevan Lannister - Not sure if he'll be in, but Varys will murder him at the end of the season

Pycelle - Needs to die as soon as possible, but will be murdered by Varys at the end of the season

Meryn Trant - Will replace Ralf the Sweetling in Arya's Mercy POV to cross another name off her list

Barristan Selmy/Grey Worm - Will die in the Battle of Meereen after Daznak's Pit

Robin Arryn - Has to be killed by Sansa

Bronn - I think this might be Bronn's last season and he could die in Dorne

Mance Rayder - Also burned by Stannis

Shireen - Used to sacrifice Jon as Melisandre said, "The Lord of Light needs her"

Loras Tyrell - Based off of that video where he is taken away, I think his death will come as a surprise

If Battle of Winterfell happens this season:

Roose Bolton - Possibly Stannis kills him during the Battle of Ice

Myranda - Will be one of the murders in the Winterfell

Fat Walda Frey - Will die at Winterfell

Theon Greyjoy - Executed by Stannis based off of his POV in WOW

How Varys kills keavan since he is traveling with Tyrion

Somehow I expect LF and Varys to survive at least till the last season.

Stannis will be presumed dead at the end of Season 5 (outcome of Ice Battle will be unknown) but will reappear and possibly die in Season 6.

These are the characters I am almost sure will die (unless the show deviates from the books completely):

• Aemon (as in the books)
  • Janos Slynt (as in the books)
  • Meryn Trant (replacing another character from Mercy Spoiler Chapter)
  • Pycelle (as in the books)

Just as it is mentioned by others I am not quite sure about Balon - he must die otherwise – this undermines the entire 3 leeches scene… the thing is they might opt to have his death moved to season 6 and introduce Euron immediately afterwards…

However I can see them continuing their strange treatment of Greyjoy story from the last two seasons - i.e. they show the Greyjoys in only 2-3 episodes with some scenes they basically serve nothing but reminding the viewers of their existence. So maybe this time we get some random mid-season scene with Yara and then have death of Balon in the Finale. In this case, Season 6 starts with Balon's funeral and immediate appearance of Euron.

Archived