Season 5 predicted deaths (BOOK AND SHOW SPOILERS)

JonSnowed

I think they will largely stick with AFFC/ADWD and not deviate too much though there will be the fate of several characters left up in the air

On Screen Deaths

• Pycelle (and Kevan if he is around - don't think he will be which kinda messes up the Lannister dynamic)
  • As someone else said Meryn Trant in their version of the "Mercy" chapter
  • Janos Slynt
  • Aemon
  • A few random people from Dany's storyline (none of the main characters)

Off Screen Deaths

• Balon Greyjoy (I think all of the Ironborn storyline will happen off screen bar "Yara" and Theon)
  • High Septon (if at all I think the High Sparrow might just appear)

Fate Left up in the Air

• Jon
  • Stannis
  • Brienne & Pod though can see their story taking a weird turn
  • Loras
  • Marg

• 1 month later...

So, reviewing the predictions a month and a half later:

My predictions:

- Maester Aemon

- Janos Slynt

- Meryn Trant

- Bronn

- Myranda

- Fat Walda

- the Blackfish (to Sansa) nah, it'll be Brienne for her, after all

- Barristan (off-screen, after Daznak)

- Grey Worm (ditto)

- Loras

- Rattleshirt

- Kevan (I've changed my mind, if there's no Aegon, it's possible he's offed this season)

- Pycelle (ditto)

- Alliser Thorne (forgot about him)

- current High Septon (ditto)

- a bunch of random unnamed and/or tertiary characters (wildings, squires, slaves, servants, peasants) (including Arya's victims)

Also,

- Jon Snow (not really).

If it all happens, that'll be satisfactorily enough minor characters pruned for me. S6 will prune Balon, Stannis, Roose (but not Ramsay), Daario, Olenna/Margaery, Tommen/Myrcella and wonderfully many others.

If Finn wasn't just bullshitting he kinda spoiled that Loras will be alive at the end of season 5, when he lately said at a convention that he still hopes that Loras will get disfigured like in the books on the show. Natalie even said Margs fate will be up in the air at the end of season 5 on that one late night show.

On topic: For a really bold move, they kill of Jaime. :crying:

Aemon Targaryen (old age)

Jon Snow (yeah...)

Janos Slynt (beheaded)

Rattleshirt (slain by Jon Snow)

Balon Greyjoy (mysteriously falls of a bridge)

Roose Bolton (Battle of Winterfell)

Myranda (Abel)

Robin Arryn (Have no idea, just a hunch)

Lots of Freys off screen (Hanged)

Lollys Stokeworth (If she's cast, in the hands of Qyburn)

Grand Maester Pycelle (Little birds)

Kevan (Little birds)

Grey Worm (Daznak)

Stalwart Shield (Sons of the Harpy)

Meryn Trant (Mercy)

Is that too much?

I assume we are in for some surprises:

It looks like Jorah will take the spot of Tyrion's sidekick so Bronn will die in Dorne.

Brienne's story doesn't get anywhere in AFfC and she killed the Hound on the show. Also, the actress joined the Star Wars franchise. She will be killed off, maybe on Sansa's orders?

As they planted the love story between Missandei and Grey Worm last season one of them will die this season. As Missandei is in Daznak's it is bye-bye Grey Worm.

Since Barristan would recognize Tyrion and I'm sure Daenerys wouldn't welcome a Lannister I guess Barristan dies before Tyrion meets Daenerys.

The obvious deaths are Janos Slynt, Aemon Targaryen, Rattleshirt, Trant and Pycelle.

Just random guesses:

- Myranda

- Ramsay (by Theon)

My prediction:

Pretty sure deaths:

- Pycelle

- Janos Slynt

- Myranda

- Meryn Trant

- Maester Aemon

- Kevan (if he is in)

Very Likely Deaths:

- Bronn (I have the hunch that he will never return from that journey to Dorne)

- Sweetrobin (maybe something about that "Sansa traumatic scene"?)

- Daario (his role and Jorah's role besides Dany would overlap in the future, so I think that one of them will die at Daznak, and I believe Daario is far more likely).

- Grey Worm (in the trailer, things don't look promising to our Unsullied man... at all).

Could be (but more far fetched):

- Barristan Selmy (I hope not, so far he is such a wasted character)

- Brienne/Podrick (I think we will see very little of this pair the upcoming season, but don't really believe they will die yet)

- Loras

- Tormund (possibly a casualty at Hardhome)

Long Shots and Very Unlikely Deaths:

- Littlefinger (killed by Sansa?)

- Jorah

- Ramsay/Roose Bolton (if they show Battle of Winterfell this year, but it seems unlikely right now)

- Stannis (same as the Boltons)

^She wouldn't. Brienne has a storyline in s5. We know from the facebook spoilers that she flees from Knights of the Vale early in the season. We know from the casting calls that she is helped out by an older woman when she's in a dangerous situation. I don't know where all of that will lead but it must be leading up to something.

Why? Just... Why? Why in the world would Sansa kill him? Makes no sense brah.

Honestly? Because the predictions were made a month and a half ago, and I wanted some more 'out there'. You'll see I also included Fat Walda, even though I hope she's lives, and right now added Loras (which the very next post said is unlikely), Barristan and Grey Worm. :)

I see Brienne's status ending in the same way as it did in book 4: about to get hanged (by LSH, or Sansa, or whoever does that in the series) but "yelling the word".

Out of the "obvious deaths", I believe Grey Worm will die in the hands of the Sons of the Harpy, and well, I didn't see Barristan on the trailer, so he may be a goner too (I hope not)

If Finn wasn't just bullshitting he kinda spoiled that Loras will be alive at the end of season 5, when he lately said at a convention that he still hopes that Loras will get disfigured like in the books on the show. Natalie even said Margs fate will be up in the air at the end of season 5 on that one late night show.

On topic: For a really bold move, they kill of Jaime. :crying:

She was probably talking about her imprisonment.

Not sure about Loras. Why do you guys think that he will die? Only thing I know is that he is seen with some Poor Fellows or something.

The show likes to one up the books in terms of casualties (that we actually care about) so I wouldn't be surprised if Grey Worm bit the dust, as it adds to the danger surrounding Meereen. Also, wouldn't be surprised if they killed off either Bronn or Jaime, again to add danger and intrigue to Dorne.

They done it with the fight on the wall last season. making some of Jon's friends die so its more sad.

Would be interesting changes nonetheless.

Archived