Dragon Age: Whatever we were before, we are now... The Inquisition!

Jace, Extat

My Warden romanced Alistair then got bored with him when he got clingy, so I let Loghain live (and knock up Morrigan) while Al flounced off, briefly resurfacing in II as a ridiculous drunk. Rogue Hawke sided with the mages, banged Anders then had him killed at the end; my love interests have not tended to do terribly well. Won't be able to play this one until probably after Christmas either, but I'm sticking with that as my starting point...

I always had leliana. I don't know if I want the king Stannis or the dwarf... or a female elf. When I come home from college tomorrow I have to make a decision. Hawke nevered varied. Female warrior or rogue with bff Bethany. I kept anders alive cause I suck and I need a healer. I had one Hawke with a relationship and that's Isabella. She was a boring stereo type.

I could never finish my mage Hawke playthrough, It just didn't make much sense to me given the world they created and the story they were writing - I mean I'm in the city with apparently one of the strongest templar presences in the world shooting fucking fireballs in the middle of the street and in the prologue in the middle of their goddamn courtyard yet no-one even tries to arrest you or anything - Wardens got away with it as a part of the story cause they've got diplomatic immunity or something and i'd assume the Inquisition are the same but for Hawke it just didn't make any sense to me

Yes the level of impunity with which Hawke mage can't do magic all over the place is rather incongruous. It's why in my mage play through I sided with the templars. It's a bit like being a grey warden that way. You get immunity from being burned at the stake as an apostate because you're fighting alongside the powers that be to oppress your own kind. Of course early game you're just an apostate foreigner who should have been thrown to the circle the minute you started waving a staff around. But oh well.

I always had leliana. I don't know if I want the king Stannis or the dwarf... or a female elf. When I come home from college tomorrow I have to make a decision. Hawke nevered varied. Female warrior or rogue with bff Bethany. I kept anders alive cause I suck and I need a healer. I had one Hawke with a relationship and that's Isabella. She was a boring stereo type.

Once you go Merrill you never go back.

My main reason for exiling Anora for my first go through is because I'm hoping she's going to stir up trouble. She is an ambitious woman, and who is not going to want payback for being cast from the throne into irrelevance? I really hope Bioware has done something meaningful with an exiled Anora. All the other DAO endings seem unlikely to lead to much future conflict. Actually perhaps I need to make a slight change, if possible as I have my set up with Logain dead. But if I make Logain alive AND Anora is exiled that must be a ideal set up for trouble in Ferelden. But a fem Cousland wouldn't get to marry Al and be queen with an alive Logain right? Or perhaps the Keep will let that set up slide through. Anyone gone with that set up?

What's with all this making Behlen king business? Esp if you played as a Dwarf noble? He's a complete arse. I did make him king on one play throough (my duster dwarf I think) but I felt like I had to take a shower afterwards. Harromont is a bit of a traditionalist dick but he's a nicer person.

Harrowmont is not nobility, their kind don't belong on the throne. One day it's inquiries, and then...elections... *shudder*

I could never finish my mage Hawke playthrough, It just didn't make much sense to me given the world they created and the story they were writing - I mean I'm in the city with apparently one of the strongest templar presences in the world shooting fucking fireballs in the middle of the street and in the prologue in the middle of their goddamn courtyard yet no-one even tries to arrest you or anything - Wardens got away with it as a part of the story cause they've got diplomatic immunity or something and i'd assume the Inquisition are the same but for Hawke it just didn't make any sense to me

Meridith mentions it at one point, that she knows Hawke's a mage, but she can't afford the political fallout of rounding you up. During your early days in Kirkwall it's explained that the mercenary/smuggler crew you're with would keep it a secret, then Avaline is in a position to intercept any rumors, and the Vicount owes you one. By the time that you're important enough to be noticed, you're too important to bothered.

Not to mention that Carver says he'll try to keep the templars off your back if/when he joins.

What's with all this making Behlen king business? Esp if you played as a Dwarf noble? He's a complete arse. I did make him king on one play throough (my duster dwarf I think) but I felt like I had to take a shower afterwards. Harromont is a bit of a traditionalist dick but he's a nicer person.

Being a dwarf noble could mean that you appreciate Bhelen's ability to play the game of dwarven politics, plus making him king at least keeps it in the family, that has to count for something. If there was an option to seize the throne yourself that would obviously be preferable.

For a dwarf commoner, Bhelen is the natural choice, for everyone else it comes down to who you think will be a more useful ally against the Blight (kind of a toss-up, neither party comes off all that well, dwarven politics being a dirty business).

Or you could be metagaming and pick Bhelen because you know it'll turn out better for the majority of dwarves in Orzammar.;)

Once you go Merrill you never go back.

My main reason for exiling Anora for my first go through is because I'm hoping she's going to stir up trouble. She is an ambitious woman, and who is not going to want payback for being cast from the throne into irrelevance? I really hope Bioware has done something meaningful with an exiled Anora. All the other DAO endings seem unlikely to lead to much future conflict. Actually perhaps I need to make a slight change, if possible as I have my set up with Logain dead. But if I make Logain alive AND Anora is exiled that must be a ideal set up for trouble in Ferelden. But a fem Cousland wouldn't get to marry Al and be queen with an alive Logain right? Or perhaps the Keep will let that set up slide through. Anyone gone with that set up?

I never used merrill. She sat on the sidelines. Anders Isabella or aveline or feneris- Isabella was anti mage feneris dark spawn or or animals and aveline heavy infantry. Varric was the last one.

Behlen and Harrowmont are both dicks.

Behlen is a dick that gives a fuck about the casteless, at least in the sense that he sees them as useful and worth investing in.

Yes he's a ruthless dictator, but he's more Mao, Augustus, or Oda Nobunaga than he is Stalin or Hitler. A blight is coming, I need the devious general more than I need the devious bureaucrat on the Dwarven Throne. And really, that corrupt-ass ineffectual senate could use a good purging :)

Besides, I was human noble: blue bloods gotta stick together, can't be letting petty nobles like Howe Harrowmont scheme their way too far up the ladder. :)

Behlen and Harrowmont are both dicks.

Behlen is a dick that gives a fuck about the casteless, at least in the sense that he sees them as useful and worth investing in.

Yes he's a ruthless dictator, but he's more Mao, Augustus, or Oda Nobunaga than he is Stalin or Hitler. A blight is coming, I need the devious general more than I need the devious bureaucrat on the Dwarven Throne. And really, that corrupt-ass ineffectual senate could use a good purging :)

Besides, I was human noble: blue bloods gotta stick together, can't be letting petty nobles like Howe Harrowmont scheme their way too far up the ladder. :)

Or commoners like Anora.

What up, girl?

Meridith mentions it at one point, that she knows Hawke's a mage, but she can't afford the political fallout of rounding you up. During your early days in Kirkwall it's explained that the mercenary/smuggler crew you're with would keep it a secret, then Avaline is in a position to intercept any rumors, and the Vicount owes you one. By the time that you're important enough to be noticed, you're too important to bothered.

I didn't really buy the explanation of you being too powerful to touch (especially in Act 2 when you're basically just some moderately wealthy guy) seeing as Eamon's wife had to hide their son despite him being the King's Cousin and son of a powerful lord because they would still come and take and even in Hawke's family his grandad was the no.1 contender to be the new viscount but when his family member (Human Mage Warden) showed signs of magic they still came and took him/her.

Or commoners like Anora.

What up, girl?

That's different because she enables Edmund DeBastarde Cousland to seize the throne officially through her. Cousland's are old stock and were kings in Ferelden's distant pre-unified past. It's totally okay if he upjumps a little because the Couslands are close enough, and besides Loghain did it first and if "military emergency" is good enough for him then damn it, it's good enough for me :)

Plus he's already sired a bastard heir, JUST IN CASE (ultimately necessary since I believe there's a throwaway line in the codex about Anora being barren). :D

I didn't really buy the explanation of you being too powerful to touch (especially in Act 2 when you're basically just some moderately wealthy guy) seeing as Eamon's wife had to hide their son despite him being the King's Cousin and son of a powerful lord because they would still come and take and even in Hawke's family his grandad was the no.1 contender to be the new viscount but when his family member (Human Mage Warden) showed signs of magic they still came and took him/her.

C'mon, brah, throw me a fucking bone here. :fencing:

Though it's still plausible that Hawke goes unmolested.

1) Eamon was a known traditionalist, and the Arlessa knew he would send Connor away. Add that Connor wasn't in a city that was rumbling with discontent and he wasn't a public hero either.

2) It's plausible that the likes of Carver, Avaline, and the Vicount are exercising influence to keep you free before you're super-popular.

3) When Bethany's taken, it's when Hawke's away and can't protect her. I haven't played a non-mage storyline in years, but I'm pretty sure that it's implied that Gamlen sold her out.

That's different because she enables Edmund DeBastarde Cousland to seize the throne officially through her. Cousland's are old stock and were kings in Ferelden's distant pre-unified past. It's totally okay if he upjumps a little because the Couslands are close enough, and besides Loghain did it first and if "military emergency" is good enough for him then damn it, it's good enough for me :)

Plus he's already sired a bastard heir, JUST IN CASE (ultimately necessary since I believe there's a throwaway line in the codex about Anora being barren). :D

Treason is... TREASON!

Not many days left til release now.

Im probably gonna play a human male, dunno if ill be a rogue or maget yet though.

When given a choice, I'm generally a dwarf male... But something about the Inquisitor screams human female to me.

Archived