(Book spoilers) If Young Griff is cut...

Takiedevushkikakzvezdy

Trystane could fulfill Aegon's role in the plot without actually being him (which without a good explanation would strain credulity IMO). He could potentially stake a claim to the Throne through Myrcella and be the one to unseat Tommen and be backed by the Faith (assuming of course that these things actually happen to dear fAegon). If Varys and Tyrion send the Golden Company to Dorne, they could be part of his force potentially.

As of yet though all we know is that Trystane will take on certain aspects of Arianne's AFFC role.

THIS

The merging of Aegon and Trystane sounds so foul it's not possible. No no no no.

If they have to, then cut the whole fAegon plotline, but please not merge Aegon and Trystane.

Or possibly this is going to be the very end of Season 5, as they may speed up Tyrion's timeline from ADWD. Although it is one of my favorite arcs, like others have said, it really isn't all that visually appealing (Are we gonna have a Penny, too?).If Aegon = Trystan , then it really weakens Oberyn's reason to come to KL in the first place. "You RAPED her, you MURDERED her! You keeeeled her cheeldren!....oh wait, nvm...he's been my nephew (twice) the whole time.

/eyes gouged out.

But I meant the picture that everybody is talking about (with Tyrion and Daenerys within conversation distance from each other) could probably be the actors resting and chatting between takes, like immediately after that Tyrion went back to quivering in fear from the lions, and then Daenerys flies off on Drogon.

and yes merging Trystane and FAegon is utterly ridiculous given Oberyn's actions last season.

Trystane could fulfill Aegon's role in the plot without actually being him (which without a good explanation would strain credulity IMO). He could potentially stake a claim to the Throne through Myrcella and be the one to unseat Tommen and be backed by the Faith (assuming of course that these things actually happen to dear fAegon). If Varys and Tyrion send the Golden Company to Dorne, they could be part of his force potentially.

As of yet though all we know is that Trystane will take on certain aspects of Arianne's AFFC role.

But howdo you connrct this with Varys and Illyrio? If Trystane is to claim the throne, shouldn`t Doran be the one plotting it?

But I meant the picture that everybody is talking about (with Tyrion and Daenerys within conversation distance from each other) could probably be the actors resting and chatting between takes, like immediately after that Tyrion went back to quivering in fear from the lions, and then Daenerys flies off on Drogon.

and yes merging Trystane and FAegon is utterly ridiculous given Oberyn's actions last season.

The pic of them both sitting on the dais at the pit, where they both look to be in humorous conversation? Yes, it doesn't look like a "scripted" smile, if that makes any sense. Look to be off camera, imo.

I also pretty much agree with Aegon being Trystane in the show. It has to be that way with the aforementioned removal of Primogeniture from the show, I dont think Traegon will be crowning her at all (until he is King), rather it will be Aegon's claim they are backing. Jaime being in Dorne makes even more sense, as Jaime knew Rhaegar, he can potentially see the resemblance in Traegon to Rhaegar and that can be why its revealed to Jaime the entire plan, once its seen that Jaime is trustworthy in some fashion.

I think Trystane has to know hes Aegon, it just wouldnt be believable that he would all of a sudden want to take his claim for Westeros. The speech maybe to Jaime or the sandsnakes or something, not to Aegon. Things will just move to fast if he just finds out he is the son of Rhaegar just now.

Also, Varys and Illyrio have to still be part of the plan. Varys will have to go to Dorne with the GC eventually, and Illyrio will have to provide the funds. Its still their plan, and his personal vendetta can even be elaborated upon in the show even more. Maybe hint at his wife and her being from Westeros and a Targ so thats his motivation or something.

With Traegon we get everything streamlined, Dorne already is involved with him so that cuts Arianne completely, Arianne wont need to crown Mycella by marrying her to Aegon(if thats how it happens since Myrcella has to be crowned due to the Prophecy)cause they will already crown Myrcella themselves, and this cuts Stormlands stuff out with JC and Young Griff.

Its the shows dream to combine them. However, we would loose out on some interesting stuff in the books and lots of characters, but oh well.

I know D&D planned this onc they got to Season 4 or so. They know they could only do 1 of the 3 new real large future storylines in Season 5, and since Dorne and Aegon will eventually meet up in the books their idea was just to combine them now. Same with the Greyjoys meeting Dany, the idea will be pushed back since that doesn't happen till season 6 or so. Sounds like what D&D will do.

But howdo you connrct this with Varys and Illyrio? If Trystane is to claim the throne, shouldn`t Doran be the one plotting it?

Varys instead of giving the child to JC, gave it to Doran. Easy as that really. Would make it more believable for the show watchers since hes with family. Only real damage is Illyrio's motivations, which the show doesnt care about nearly as much as Doran Im guessing, so oh well. Since were in his manse however, he will be involved somehow...

Varys instead of giving the child to JC, gave it to Doran. Easy as that really. Would make it more believable for the show watchers since hes with family. Only real damage is Illyrio's motivations, which the show doesnt care about nearly as much as Doran Im guessing, so oh well. Since were in his manse however, he will be involved somehow...

Are we even sure that the actor playing Illyrio will return for season 5?

Don't disagree with that, but IMO Trystane will be Aegon without being Aegon. That is to say, he will take on whatever role Aegon has in the story, but he won't be Rhaegar's son. He will just be Trystane.

Illyrio and Varys don't need to be explained. They will just be Dany supporters in the show ( I know this creates some problems because Varys sent the assassin and the Jorah-outing letter, but seriously no non-reader will notice )

With Maggy the Frog being in the show, wont this mean that Mycella HAS to be crowned? There is no primogeniture in the show, they removed it surgically if you pay attention to Season 3 and 4 of the show, so there is no claim to westeros they will make to challenge Tommen like Arianne does. There will be no queenmaker plot in the show, it seems the beginning of the conflict with Jaime in the show is merely payback for Oberyn by hurting Mycella, not trying to crown her. Atleast thats the impression I got from Elarria's words from the Obara casting call.

Without that plot point, the only thing that comes to mind is Trystane being Aegon. Its the only thing that will work. He cant be just Trystane, since the removal of primogeniture, he cant make a claim through Myrcella like Arianne does.

It seems they think its too complicated for the unsullied to get primogeniture...

With Maggy the Frog being in the show, wont this mean that Mycella HAS to be crowned? There is no primogeniture in the show, they removed it surgically if you pay attention to Season 3 and 4 of the show, so there is no claim to westeros they will make to challenge Tommen like Arianne does. There will be no queenmaker plot in the show, it seems the beginning of the conflict with Jaime in the show is merely payback for Oberyn by hurting Mycella, not trying to crown her. Atleast thats the impression I got from Elarria's words from the Obara casting call.

Without that plot point, the only thing that comes to mind is Trystane being Aegon. Its the only thing that will work. He cant be just Trystane, since the removal of primogeniture, he cant make a claim through Myrcella like Arianne does.

It seems they think its too complicated for the unsullied to get primogeniture...

There still can be Qeenmaker plot, which give writers better opportunity to explain the concept of Dornish succesion rules way better then any clumsy exposition they could do in seasons 3 and 4. But if they cut it all, which is certainly possible based on what we know about Dorne in season 5, they can simply avoid the part of Myrcella being crowned from the prophecy.

They said Varys' plan will be revealed, they didn't mention Illyrio at all.

And yes, the Golden Company has to be involved. Since it seems like they head to Volantis by episode 3, that gives them more than enough time to have Varys head back to Westeros once he separates with Tyrion, and land at DORNE rather than Stormlands. Varys will be in Dorne later in the season, then can be in KL with his Jetpack by episode 10.

Obviously I dont think Davos hired the GC like some people think, since I think the GC can only be persuaded by Varys or Illyrio who will tell them about Traegon(or they already know).

But then again, if the show wants to ignore that, then who knows. But as I see it, the leader of the GC will be Jon Connington in the show, rather than Harry Strickland.

They said Varys' plan will be revealed, they didn't mention Illyrio at all.

And yes, the Golden Company has to be involved. Since it seems like they head to Volantis by episode 3, that gives them more than enough time to have Varys head back to Westeros once he separates with Tyrion, and land at DORNE rather than Stormlands. Varys will be in Dorne later in the season, then can be in KL with his Jetpack by episode 10.

Obviously I dont think Davos hired the GC like some people think, since I think the GC can only be persuaded by Varys or Illyrio who will tell them about Traegon(or they already know).

But then again, if the show wants to ignore that, then who knows. But as I see it, the leader of the GC will be Jon Connington in the show, rather than Harry Strickland.

But then Trystane can`t do fAegon`s plotline without being Aegon...

But then Trystane can`t do fAegon`s plotline without being Aegon...

Can't he? The show can either create a Targaryen grandmother or something, he can marry Myrcella and claim the IT through her or fight in Daenerys' name hoping to entice her to turn west

No Aegon. No Traegon. Trystane will just be Trystane and Dorne will fight to make Myrcella queen and thus Trystane king for being married to her.

No Varys, no Illyrio, no Golden Company needed. GC probs won't be in and Varys and Illyrio can be Dany supporters.

There. Streamlined neatly. I see a tendency in here for people to come up with really intricate plans for combining characters, but the thing for a TV show is the simpler, the better. It needs to be easy to follow and exciting. Some long lost semi-princeling never before seen in the show shipped off to Dorne by Varys as a baby is neither.

No Aegon. No Traegon. Trystane will just be Trystane and Dorne will fight to make Myrcella queen and thus Trystane king for being married to her.

No Varys, no Illyrio, no Golden Company needed. GC probs won't be in and Varys and Illyrio can be Dany supporters.

There. Streamlined neatly. I see a tendency in here for people to come up with really intricate plans for combining characters, but the thing for a TV show is the simpler, the better. It needs to be easy to follow and exciting. Some long lost semi-princeling never before seen in the show shipped off to Dorne by Varys as a baby is neither.

The Golden Company might still be in, as it was mentioned several times during the last season, but it may be involved in a different fashion. And without elephants. The show is already expensive as it is.

Yep. I agree with all of this.

Archived