Favourite badass moment

ReleaseTheHound

Well I would have to say that it was something from an Arya chapter, somewhere. Because other than Arya, Martin simply does not have his good guys (other than Arya) do anything badass. All the badass moments come from villains or semi-villains like the Hound and people of that ilk.

Up to now, Martin has just had his good guys sit and take abuse. The Janos Slynt situation was not badass in the slightest. Jon was in a position of power, Slynt was not, and Jon simply acted according to the responsibilities of his position. No passion or sense of personal satisfaction whatsoever. And Slynt was actually too pathetic a character to take seriously. So the pay-off was slim in any case, however Jon went about it.

It left me completely cold.

EDIT

Of course, I'm ignoring peripheral Northmen like the Greatjon, the Mountain Clansmen etc. who are pretty badass by reason of their very existence. The Wull or Norry's speech to Lord Peapod was probably my favorite part of the series.

The Janos Slynt situation was not badass in the slightest. Jon was in a position of power, Slynt was not, and Jon simply acted according to the responsibilities of his position. No passion or sense of personal satisfaction whatsoever. And Slynt was actually too pathetic a character to take seriously. So the pay-off was slim in any case, however Jon went about it.

It left me completely cold.

I agree with this. Never understood why people thought this was a great moment.

Prince Daemon's mid air jump from dragon to dragon to kill Aemond one eye.

this

Are there no cheers for The one-armed warrior who killed a giant?

and this

Also

Arthur: And now it begins.

Eddard: No. Now it ends

Sandor vs Gregor at the tourney, with the hound able to stand and bang using just defensive blows

Jaime turnng into tazmanian devil trying to reach Robb Stark

Syrio beat the shit out of the 5 guards (and overwhelming Trant at begin) with the wood pratice sword

Jon's strange "super strenght" berserk moments (Emmett, Alliser)

TV Mannis vs the wildlings

Daario stabbing with one thrust Daenerys body and the feelingz of 9999 angry nerds

Oberyn going full magic shaolin Inigo Montoya on Gregor

Barristan vs Mero

When Tyrion is leaving the slave camp and it's mentioned that Nurse died, then he thinks "A Lannister always pays his debts."

Dance with me.

Donal Giantslayer

Blackfish talking smack to Jaime.

Blackfish and his entire whispering wood plan.

Jaimes wroth when he was defeated at the whispering wood.

Jaime telling Loras he'll shove a sword up his ass.

Strong Belwas dismantling the Champion of Mereen

Black Lorren holding it down in winterfell

Jaime jumping in the bear pit

Dany saying Dracarys

Arya slaying the guard at harrenhall, the tickler, and Daeron of the nights watch. And her mercy chapter.

Sam punching Daeron

Stannis saving the nights watch

Jhogo whipping Viserys

Joffrey calling out Tywin

Tywin calling out Joffrey

The Hound saving Loras. Slaying dudes at the red wedding. And killing Polliver two on one.

Gendry saving Brienne.

Brienne slaying Rorge

And Oberyn going ninja on the mountain

Archived