Favourite badass moment

ReleaseTheHound

Robb: Greatjon, keep Lord Karstark here till I return, and hang the other seven.

Greatjon: Even the dead ones?

Robb: Yes. I will not have such fouling my lord uncle’s rivers. Let them feed the crows.

One of the Captive: Mercy, sire. I killed no one, I only stood at the door to watch for guards.

Robb: Did you know what Lord Rickard intended? Did you see the knives drawn? Did you hear the shouts, the screams, the cries for mercy?

Captive: Aye, I did, but I took no part. I was only the watcher, I swear it...

Robb: Lord Umber, this one was only the watcher. Hang him last, so he may watch the others die.

It probably changes depending on the day for me, but right now have to go with Noye and the giant. The guy with 1 arm in a situation that looked fairly helpless for the Watch pretty much knowingly sacrificed himself for the small chance it would help his side. It helped that he seemed to impart some of the best advice at the Wall and seemed to be a decent guy overall.

Robb: Greatjon, keep Lord Karstark here till I return, and hang the other seven.

Greatjon: Even the dead ones?

Robb: Yes. I will not have such fouling my lord uncle’s rivers. Let them feed the crows.

One of the Captive: Mercy, sire. I killed no one, I only stood at the door to watch for guards.

Robb: Did you know what Lord Rickard intended? Did you see the knives drawn? Did you hear the shouts, the screams, the cries for mercy?

Captive: Aye, I did, but I took no part. I was only the watcher, I swear it...

Robb: Lord Umber, this one was only the watcher. Hang him last, so he may watch the others die.

On that note

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snYE3_GGVcU

" Heh, the King in the North arises. Seems we killed some of your men, Your Grace. Oh, but I’ll make you an apology, that will mend them all again, heh."

Sorry ,it was just very good and also

"Ser Ilyn ,bring me his head"

"Your meat,is bloody tough"

"Ser Clayton's face cried out for an axe between the eyes"

"No,now it ends"

All that has been said. I don't think I could choose between all these moments. But I'd like to add Qhorin and the other brothers of the Night's Watch that realised they had to die and just went for it, without hesitation. That was awesome. Especially Quorin, though, because he basically planned his own death.

Also, Dany claiming the girls that were being raped by the Dothraki to protect them. One of the best moments in the series.

Wow, no mention of the Tower of Joy? The Tower of Joy scene is the my favorite badass moment, even though it's a flashback. The scene has epic quotes, includes some of the most honorable men in the history of Westeros fighting, and holds one of the keys to the series. In my opinion, it's one of the saddest moments in the books because it ended with the deaths of 8 good men. The three Kingsguard brothers that were there that day lived and died by their oaths, and put up a hell of a fight before they died.

"I looked for you on the Trident," Ned said to them.
"We were not there," Ser Gerold answered.
"Woe to the Usurper if we had been," said Ser Oswell.
"When King's Landing fell, Ser Jaime slew your king with a golden sword, and I wondered where you
were."
"Far away," Ser Gerold said, "or Aerys would yet sit the Iron Throne, and our false brother would burn
in seven hells."
"I came down on Storm's End to lift the siege," Ned told them, "and the Lords Tyrell and Redwyne
dipped their banners, and all their knights bent the knee to pledge us fealty. I was certain you would be among them."
"Our knees do not bend easily," said Ser Arthur Dayne.
"Ser Willem Darry is fled to Dragonstone, with your queen and Prince Viserys. I thought you might have
sailed with him."
"Ser Willem is a good man and true," said Ser Oswell.
"But not of the Kingsguard," Ser Gerold pointed out. "The Kingsguard does not flee."
"Then or now," said Ser Arthur. He donned his helm.
"We swore a vow," explained old Ser Gerold.

Ned's wraiths moved up beside him, with shadow swords in hand. They were seven against three.

"And now it begins," said Ser Arthur Dayne, the Sword of the Morning. He unsheathed Dawn and held
it with both hands. The blade was pale as milkglass, alive with light.

"No," Ned said with sadness in his voice. "Now it ends." As they came together in a rush of steel and
shadow,...

Stannis saving the Night's Watch and Donal Noye making the ultimate sacrifice taking down Mag the Mighty are my other favorite badass moments.

If we're going to count things Jon Snow did that were actually bad-ass, I think the climb and commando-style attack on the wildling lookuts in the Skirling Pass was pretty damn badass.

Or later on, the battle for Castle Black, especially the part on the stairwell.

Robb Stark's facing down Greatjon Umber in the war council. "Your meat is bloody tough!" :bowdown:

Robb crushing the Lannisters at Whispering Woods, the Camps, Oxcross.

How the hell is executing a tied up man in any way badass? It didn't require neither bravery nor any particular skill.

Different category, I guess. Just a thing that needed to happen, executed with cool-headed authority.

Like when Dredd reads out Ma-Ma's final judgement and then chucks her out that 200th floor window.

Stannis provides a similar "

" with his nod.

Prince Daemon's mid air jump from dragon to dragon to kill Aemond one eye.

Yup. Total action-movie moves. I imagine it in slo-mo, like some Frank Miller-styled film (Sin-City, 300).

How the hell is executing a tied up man in any way badass? It didn't require neither bravery nor any particular skill.

It's not killing Slynt that was badass. When Jon called Edd for the block, he was dealing justice Ned Style. The fact Slynt was executed by the bastard of a man he betrayed just doesn't get more poetic than that.

Let me whip out my list...

the Cleganebowl tease at the Tourney of the Hand

Khal Drogo crowning Viserys

Barristan leaving King's Landing with style

Dany hatching Dragons

The release of the STANNISFESTO proclaimation

Asha making a fool out of aCoK Theon

Tyrion slapping Joffrey a second time

Ser Courtney Penrose "Bring on your storm, my lord"

Tyrion's Blackwater experience

Dany takes Astapor

Tywin telling Joffrey to fuck off

Arya stabs the Tickler, while the Hound takes on Polliver

Jaime telling Loras to cool it

Oberyn, Oberout

Tywin Lannister not shitting gold

Stannis! Stannis! Stannis!

Jon becoming LC

Kevan telling Cersei that he knows

Bronn naming his stepson Tyrion

Sam punches Dareon

Jaime punching Red Ronnet for insulting Brienne with the golden hand, and later Ryman Frey.

Euron Greyjoy's Kingmoot speech

Victarion Greyjoy, "go and get it"

Gendry saving Brienne

The introduction of "Pate" in the epilouge

Jon giving Ned's justice

Melisandre: "You know nothing Jon Snow"

Davos naming Jared Frey a liar in the Merman's Court

Barristan's one-on-one with Khrazz

Tyrion poisons nurse

Arya kills Raff

Victarion Greyjoy's trip to Slaver's Bay

Barristan cutting down someone and calling him ser

1, Arya telling Jaqen his own name

2, Davos' speech at Manderly's court, he knew it would probably mean his death but he went to him anyway

3, Jon almost strangling Thorne after his stay in the ice cells

4, Jaime and the bear pit

5,Eddard Stark dealing with lord Borrell during RR

Archived