Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Part Deux

Wee baby Shamus

I was interested to see if the facility where Whitehall was is the same as Struckers underground shot in the WS post credit, but on comparison it isn't. And it definitely isn't the castle shown in AoU teasers (which is probably the same.)

are you sure about that? First shot reminded me of the AoU trailer, thought it was the same.

I seem to be against the grain here but I think Skye's dad is funny. I like the erratic thing.

'Sure! …I don’t know what that is'

:lol: that was another good one. He was called a monster, but now he is "just" a man with an anger issue (no green or blue colour yet) who doesn't care about leaving a trace of blood. And completly nuts. Not monster enough? I think we'll see more.

Allusions to Mockingbrid being brainwashed in the interview I felt, anyone else get that?

I'm not sure about her being HYDRA. My money is still on Tripp. The ambush at the radar station happened the same time when Mockingbird was busy with Bakshi, right? Don't know if she would have had enough time to inform HYDRA, while Tripp knew where they were going.

Yay Dichen Lachman. And was she meant to be Skye's mother. And she was cut up after she gave birth or before? I'm a little confused.

If they cut her up before, they would have kept the baby.

What was that group that found the obelisk? Skyes mom was with them, first guy that touched the obelisk and died said something like "we heard the same stories as you"

Thoughts:

The Nazi's speaking English... I just don't get why German would be so hard.

You think it wouldn't be, but countless examples of American film and tv productions have proven that, at least when it comes to Holywood, it's really, really hard.

It always makes me think of a spoof film I saw while ago (I can't remember which one) where the actors tripped over the subtitles.

are you sure about that? First shot reminded me of the AoU trailer, thought it was the same.

I'm not sure about her being HYDRA. My money is still on Tripp. The ambush at the radar station happened the same time when Mockingbird was busy with Bakshi, right? Don't know if she would have had enough time to inform HYDRA, while Tripp knew where they were going.

Yeah, pretty sure. Bavaria (Struckers) Austria (Whitehalls) sorry for the potato quality, I took that one myself.

I don't think she's HYDRA, but she might be there to be used when it helps them the most. They were at the radar station because Skyes dad had the same idea as Coulson. And if the Howling Commandos are as hardcore (borderline fanatical) as they are in the comics Tripp should be pretty loyal.

I don't think Mockingbird is Hydra either. But, she totally got programmed. It's the only explanation for the tense interrogation and the random cutaway when she was about to engage Bakshi before she sprung Simmons from Hydra.

Also, speaking of programmed agents, May's doppelganger is totally back next week with the mask fused to her face...badass.

I guess I don't mind the Doc. I thought his line about the Tesseract, the what?, was commedy gold. I just think, when he tries to act overtly aggressive, it comes off as hammy. He should maintain the twisted sense of humor...more Joker/Riddler than Bane.

I've not generally been a fan of Skye's dad so far, but this episode made me warm up to him a little. I loved his direct eye contact with Whitehall right after he said he wanted to look his enemy ("Coulson") in the eye.

I was super excited to see Dichen Lachman, but then she died after not doing much at all on screen. Hopefully we see more flashbacks of her character. As Skye's mom, she could be important enough to show up again (in the past). I do wonder if Mockingbird is brainwashed--I definitely got that vibe during the interview as well. Maybe I was just reading into it too much. I don't think Tripp is Hydra, but who knows?

I was really happy to see that Ward stayed evil in the end. I hope it's not some fake-out and the senator is actually still alive.

Is this a spoiler thread or no?

Thoughts:

Yay Dichen Lachman. And was she meant to be Skye's mother. And she was cut up after she gave birth or before? I'm a little confused.

I quite liked the prison circular time passing shot. Although the old make-up was a bit off.

Yeah II'm sure she is Skye's mother. It was 25 years ago when she was taken by Hydra, which would match up with Skye being taken by Shield as a baby. There may have been a battle at the village between Shield and Hydra. Shield got away with Skye and Hydra captured her mother and the other villagers.

Feel bad for Dichen,

first she gets shot in the back in the 100 and now vivisected in AoS

Yeah they did great making Kyle MacLachlan look younger in the flashback at the end, but the old age make up on Whitehall was not as good.

Spoiler thread up to the last episode. But a tag or two on the first couple posts immediately after the episode airs are usually fairly well received, I know I've opened a few threads and accidentally spoiled myself.

Okay, thanks!

And yay for the Ward thing. I still think he's mostly anti HYDRA, but burning the house shows he's not a hero either.

Though it seems we have confirmation that Ward's family were all pretty evil, and he has reasonable cause for wanting to kill them. A pity they dealt with his brother so quickly, though; while I generally find the increased pace of this season a massive improvement, the senator had a lot more story potential.

I wonder if Ward's family being evil/cruel has any larger reasons than just giving Ward some backstory. I wouldn't want him to be Inhuman too, but maybe his mama was a Skrull agent, and he's the product of some hard-ass theory of Skrull-human hybrid child rearing.

:-) I know very little about the Skrulls or Marvel comics, so that's just wild ass guessing.

Poor Dichen Lachman. Maybe the Doc will find a way to reanimate her from the organs Whitehalls took. And throw Lucy Lawless into the reanimation chamber for good measure, righting another casting tragedy.

The prison passing time shot was one of those great little moments that make a series work.

I loved Skye's dad reaction to the Tesseract question.

And murdering your own parents and brother and framing the latter for it? Damn, I'm thinking of an ASOIAF character I could see doing that and I'm drawing a blank (closes is Gregor, but wouldn't care about framing the brother).

I'm so digging Kyle Mclachlan as Mr. Hyde (which he totally he is ;))

I also wonder if maybe Ward pulled a Blue Bard on Christian (ie, made him confess something that wasn't true under pressure) because that would add a cool and unexpected level of ambiguity to things (sorta like the one we have with Bobbie already. Glad they're bringing that from the comics)

IMO, what is making Ward such a compelling character, is that he actually believes that he is on the side of "right" .... he's psychotically delusional... and when he does something that coincides with Coulson's interests, its for purely selfish reasons

I love Ward he's my fav and I really only care about him.

I don't care about Coulson and his team like at all and Ward is a good villian but even they run their course so I'm just waiting till Ward gets offer because he's done too much to be part of the team again.

I wonder if Ward's family being evil/cruel has any larger reasons than just giving Ward some backstory. I wouldn't want him to be Inhuman too, but maybe his mama was a Skrull agent, and he's the product of some hard-ass theory of Skrull-human hybrid child rearing.

:-) I know very little about the Skrulls or Marvel comics, so that's just wild ass guessing.

Poor Dichen Lachman. Maybe the Doc will find a way to reanimate her from the organs Whitehalls took. And throw Lucy Lawless into the reanimation chamber for good measure, righting another casting tragedy.

I'm pretty sure that Fox movies hold the rights to the Skrulls so AOS wouldn't be able to use them but I like your theory.

Archived