Walking Dead Season 5 (No Comic Spoilers) Part 2

Alia of the knife

All hail T-Dawg, without whose sacrifice we would have no show.

He was very uninteresting though. And Carol only saved Rick Bob Daryl and Tyreese after a lot of the people mentioned had already died, so it's not really accurate. (Unless Carol saved the four of them before Terminus? I don't recall.)

Although Eugene lied about the cure, I hope that the potential cure plotline is not just killed off. Otherwise the show will continue going around in circles. The writers need to come up with something new for the viewers to get behind and then actually develop it instead of brushing it aside in favour of the same old formula.

Although Eugene lied about the cure, I hope that the potential cure plotline is not just killed off. Otherwise the show will continue going around in circles. The writers need to come up with something new for the viewers to get behind and then actually develop it instead of brushing it aside in favour of the same old formula.

I get where you're coming from but I highly doubt they'll pick up that plotline again. If they'd planned on introducing a cure, I think they would've done it through Eugene. This show has always been more about the 'what's next' of the zombie apocalypse, rather than the how and why. I don't think it's something Kirkman is interested in exploring (I'm basing that assumption on reading somewhere that he regretted talking about the cause of the outbreak in the S1 finale).

I get where you're coming from but I highly doubt they'll pick up that plotline again. If they'd planned on introducing a cure, I think they would've done it through Eugene. This show has always been more about the 'what's next' of the zombie apocalypse, rather than the how and why. I don't think it's something Kirkman is interested in exploring (I'm basing that assumption on reading somewhere that he regretted talking about the cause of the outbreak in the S1 finale).

I think that you're probably correct. The same old formula is becoming stale though. I still find the show to be entertaining but I'm not sure that I'd still feel that way come season 7 or 8 if the show continues to rehash the same old plotlines. There needs to be some sort of 'endgame' and I don't think that this show has one in mind at this point, which isn't a good sign.

I think that you're probably correct. The same old formula is becoming stale though. I still find the show to be entertaining but I'm not sure that I'd still feel that way come season 7 or 8 if the show continues to rehash the same old plotlines. There needs to be some sort of 'endgame' and I don't think that this show has one in mind at this point, which isn't a good sign.

I agree, the current recipe is finite. It's only going to be interesting for so long before they run out off elements to include. The only endgame I can think of is death for the group, though. Something like Rick or Carl being the last one standing, and then dying, or walking the post-apocalypse States for the rest of their days. Which might work, if the show doesn't outstay it's welcome first.

I agree, the current recipe is finite. It's only going to be interesting for so long before they run out off elements to include. The only endgame I can think of is death for the group, though. Something like Rick or Carl being the last one standing, and then dying, or walking the post-apocalypse States for the rest of their days. Which might work, if the show doesn't outstay it's welcome first.

That is a bit too depressing for me. An ending with a glimmer of hope for humanity would be more to my taste.

I have a weakness for dark endings ;) I think it suits this show more, too. But we'll see what it ends up being.

You can have it both ways, they find a tiny, shitty little village where life sucks but people are huddled around together (the hope part, not being alone) yet the world is 100% over and nothing can be done to reverse it (the dark part)

You can have it both ways, they find a tiny, shitty little village where life sucks but people are huddled around together (the hope part, not being alone) yet the world is 100% over and nothing can be done to reverse it (the dark part)

True, it doesn't have to be 100% happy or 100& sad. Very few endings are. Something bittersweet might be the best way to go, then at least all their pain was worth something, even if it isn't much.

I always eagerly wait for any info on how people outside of Georgia are doing but i understand the show doesnt want to get into it much. And that they know that if they did, there is mostly just potential to get criticised.

But i want them to go into it more sometime near the end.

The upcoming spinoff should answer that question, it takes place in a different state.

Agreed. A potential cure is certainly a way to add a much-needed spark to the show, but there are other ways. They might hear word that some nation or part thereof is still standing (like Cuba for example) and they hatch a plan to get there. Or the zombies slowly dying out due to starvation and killings (they established that zombies do starve in S3, albeit at a very slow rate), and the world thus becomes gradually safer.

Archived