Walking Dead Season 5 (No Comic Spoilers) Part 2

Alia of the knife

Okay episode. Focusing on these two was a good idea but not a lot happened... I feel like we could have covered nearly the same amount of ground in a pre-into scene in E7.

The feeling that Carol is going to die soon is grower with each episode... I hope I'm wrong though, she's the most interesting character atm.

I'm not sure how they thought driving the van of the bridge was the best way out? Feels to me like they'd have better odds just opening the back doors and driving off the walkers.

Wait, so Atlanta is just a few kilometres away from the church where they're at now? Three years of travelling, and they're still just a day's march from where they were in the pilot.

Yeah, I kinda feel the same way.

So the folks in the sleeping bags and tents were all shot. I guess that makes sense. Sorta. I would think that once the first one or two was shot, that some of the others would have woken up and tried to run away or fight back... but maybe not.

The situational awareness of this group of ultimate survivors continues to suck balls.

For plot convenience reasons obviously, else the producers would have to actually think up creative ways for the master scouts, rambo-like women and bad-ass gunfighters of our group to get casually disarmed or caught in traps whenever the plot requires it.

Come on. You just don't get surprised the way Darryl and Carol were by that amateur kid, and have your weapons taken off you like taking candy from a baby - and still be alive this far into the Zombie Apocalypse. If you're a seasoned scout and survivor like Darryl, you don't get seen until you wish to be seen, and you see, hear or just "sense" others long before they see you. Whether in the urban jungle or the real one.

Just like when that group of "claimers" just walked up to Darryl and got the drop on him back in Season 4. You know, the ones that ended up getting throat bitten by a berserk Rick.

This "idiot ball" carrying, just to get the plot to work out, is getting tiresome. There are better, more convincing ways to make these things happen.

The situational awareness of this group of ultimate survivors continues to suck balls.

This "idiot ball" carrying, just to get the plot to work out, is getting tiresome. There are better, more convincing ways to make these things happen.

Really makes me feel bad for the actors and everybody who works on the show, when writers are terrible at their job.

I absolutely love this show, but i cringe every time a silent zombie jumps out of no where...considering they always make noise, except that 5 second moment where they are sneaking up on someone...sigh. It annoys me so much. Dumb things like that can easily be changed to be more "real" or logical.

Really makes me feel bad for the actors and everybody who works on the show, when writers are terrible at their job.

I absolutely love this show, but i cringe every time a silent zombie jumps out of no where...considering they always make noise, except that 5 second moment where they are sneaking up on someone...sigh. It annoys me so much. Dumb things like that can easily be changed to be more "real" or logical.

Well yeah, its not as if the zombies know to sneak up on people.

Watching last weeks Talking Dead, it reminded me about a question I had, why was it that Eugene was no faster than the zombies?

Well yeah, its not as if the zombies know to sneak up on people.

Watching last weeks Talking Dead, it reminded me about a question I had, why was it that Eugene was no faster than the zombies?

They do on this show. :laugh:

As for Eugene, i'm assuming you mean the scene where he meets Abraham for the first time. Maybe he has been running for a while and that Walker was just nearby and followed him.

They do on this show. :laugh:

As for Eugene, i'm assuming you mean the scene where he meets Abraham for the first time. Maybe he has been running for a while and that Walker was just nearby and followed him.

But one of the zombies had a backpack wrapped around his leg, and Eugene still couldn't get away. :lol:

But one of the zombies had a backpack wrapped around his leg, and Eugene still couldn't get away. :lol:

That doesn't really mean anything? Eugene can get tired. The zombies don't.

This same situation happened to Andrea at the end of the second season, but she was rescued by Michonne.

I thought I heard Carol or Daryl say there were going north. So Atlanta is north of where the church is. Seems like in their wanderings after the farm and to the prison, they looped around either east or west of Atlanta, then after the prison headed south to Terminus. For all we know, the road to Atlanta is parallel to the road north Abraham's group took.

I found this google type map of where everything is. I think it's a fan made map. Granted, it's the filming locations.

I found this google type map of where everything is. I think it's a fan made map. Granted, it's the filming locations.

Cool. According to that the filming site for Terminus was in the middle of Atlanta, which makes sense as a place that would have a massive rail yard. But I felt like the location in the show is that its supposed to be kind of in the middle of nowhere. Anyone know if Terminus is supposed to be in Atlanta in the show? I'm assuming that it is not supposed to be in Atlanta, but I don't really know. I've also been under the impression that most of the show was taking place north of Atlanta, but in this past episode they were definitely south of it and the filming locations are also predominantly south of Atlanta.

This episode was OK, maybe actually my least favorite of the season so far. It did tie up a lot of questions and I think we are about to see most or all of the group back together again, but the pacing was pretty slow. I felt like all of the events of this episode could have been effectively shown in about 15 minutes to a half episode.

I've also been under the impression that most of the show was taking place north of Atlanta, but in this past episode they were definitely south of it and the filming locations are also predominantly south of Atlanta.

I agree, that's the impression I had too.

I liked this episode more than the Beth alone episode, but it still lacked charisma, for lack of a better word.

Hopefully the solo episodes are done for now and we get Rick and Daryl and the gang back for rest of season.

I enjoyed the episode. I feel like it's been a while since we've seen the city/urban setting explored during the day. The decrepit buildings were pretty eerie. There was a quick shot of a tank on the street, and I was wondering if it was the same one Rick lodged himself in during the pilot? It looked similar.

The one thing that confused me were Daryl/Carols' flip-flopping of life/death standards regarding Noah. Seemed like a pretty jilted response.

I enjoyed the episode. I feel like it's been a while since we've seen the city/urban setting explored during the day. The decrepit buildings were pretty eerie. There was a quick shot of a tank on the street, and I was wondering if it was the same one Rick lodged himself in during the pilot? It looked similar.

The one thing that confused me were Daryl/Carols' flip-flopping of life/death standards regarding Noah. Seemed like a pretty jilted response.

Supposedly Daryl pretended to want to leave Noah under the bookcase, so that Carol would realize she wanted to save him.

Ahh okay that makes sense. Last two eps should be pretty good.

Yea, I expect a confrontation with the hospital people + some indication of where the group will go next. I could see a reunion of the group with Rick and the group with Abraham coming later though.

I think the general idea is that the audience is supposed to catch on that they have been in the Atlanta area since the start. Every single road sign we've seen, the fauna, the weather, etc, all tells us that this is ATL and surrounding area. The fanmade map might give a general idea of how confined the travels of our characters have been so far, but it's definitely not accurate. For example, the CDC is near Emory University rather than at a mall on the other side of town.

Archived