Walking Dead Season 5 (No Comic Spoilers) Part 2

Alia of the knife

God damn what a horrible episode. I actually sighed at how bad the ending was, who couldn't figure out that Bob was gonna attack Sasha? The first three episodes of the season showed potential, but now it's back to the standard mediocre level. Come to think of it, this might be one of the very few series that have gone on for five seasons that have yet to produce a single memorable piece of dialogue.

I thought it was so predictable that I was counting on that not happening :lol:

Now that you mention it, agreed. I can't recall a single quote that really made an impression.

thought the episode was pretty good, liked that they went to switching between the different story lines instead of focusing on one group. That being said, nothing really happens between abrahams group and the group left behind at the church, what gabriel gets his first action defending against a walker even though he still can't finish him off. and yeah the good bad cop trying to help and seeming reasonable and then does what he does, can't really blame him i guess. in the preview you still see rick what i assume is talking to dawn. so rick's group still has two cops captured?

They might try to bluff their way through it... make Dawn think that they have two cops when they don't. But such a plan wouldn't last long, since Bob II is probably heading to Dawn anyway.

ETA: I remember now, they do still have 2 cops because they captured the other one, the one Rick was about to shoot when Daryl intervened.

did anyone get the feeling that after this episode there are more cops at Grady than we previously thought?

I thought there were 8 or so at first, but it might easily be twice that number.

ETA: I'm wrong on that count, when they're planning the hospital attack Rick says, 'and then it'll be 6 on 3.' So there's 3 cops left after we take Dawn, the guard, and the ones in the kitchen out of the equation, IIRC.

did anyone get the feeling that after this episode there are more cops at Grady than we previously thought?

I did. I thought there's like 5-6 cops now I think there's more.

Now the big fan of the episode. Nothing happened...they captured few cops and that is all. They found yo yo,they made shade for Eugene,good Father escaped.

It looks to me lately there is nothing going on with Michone,she might as well not be in the show. They had two scenes in the church just so she and Carl could deliver couple of lines so it looks like they still matter in the show.

dawn and the hospital make less and less sense to me.

Hope Carol doesn't die,hope she just goes on her own way like she wanted before the saving private Beth thing.

I would have taken Michonne instead of Tyreese , let him and the preacher talk about depressive stuff. I understand theyre all trying to be good people and all but they didnt choose the right time to do so, specially Sasha, after Terminus and seeing Bob I die , she decides to trust that cop with that really dumb story about his partner.I liked that episode but that was a silly cliffhanger... My prediction is Tyreese and Abraham die trying to save someone else...

Yes, and did Noah give Rick all the facts?

Are you suggesting that Noah is acting against the group? If so I don't think so, believe that he wanted to escape, and was struggling on his own, so he partnered up with the next group he saw that wasn't the cops. It kinda seemed like the whole plan was to take one floor by suprise, im guessing the floor that noah, the doctor, the other wards are all on, do you think there are multiple floors, resulting in a lot more cops, or just the one floor?

Are you suggesting that Noah is acting against the group? If so I don't think so, believe that he wanted to escape, and was struggling on his own, so he partnered up with the next group he saw that wasn't the cops. It kinda seemed like the whole plan was to take one floor by suprise, im guessing the floor that noah, the doctor, the other wards are all on, do you think there are multiple floors, resulting in a lot more cops, or just the one floor?

I just don't know. I'm loathe to trust anyone, lol.

I guess I'm trying to reconcile Noahs statement about Bob and Bobs behavior.

I don't think it makes Bob any less of 'one of the good ones' just because he had to use force in order to escape. We have to remember he's a 'good one' in a group of people who use a form of indentured slavery. Their system of survival leaves a lot to be desired. Even still, Bob actually looked distressed at having to hurt someone in order to escape. I can't fault the guy for having loyalty towards his own group. He doesn't know these people and he doesn't owe them anything.

Not seeing anything wrong with Bob making a break for it. Tied up with a bunch of gun toting strangers, that haven't come across as overly friendly. From Bobs point of view the next step may just be executing hostages.

Agreed. Good or bad he was still taken by force and held against his will.

I think Bob 2 was sincere when he was telling Sasha his back story, he never asked her to do anything, she's the one that offered to help, he mearly saw an opportunity to escape and took it. Noah has been presented to us as a good judge of character in his befriending of Beth (though maybe not so much when it came to underestimating Daryl and Carol) so I think Bob may in fact be "one of the good ones" but his first allegiance would be to Dawn, who he has known for a long time and to his group, over a bunch of strangers led by a man that is clearly willing to kill anyone who pisses him off.

You can knock out your captor and still be a good person IMO, they're not mutually exclusive. To him, Rick is a stranger who held him at gunpoint and took him captive. (And was about to kill one of his colleagues but I doubt Bob saw that). I'd have the same thing given an opportunity like that, and I doubt I'm the only one.

You can knock out your captor and still be a good person IMO, they're not mutually exclusive. To him, Rick is a stranger who held him at gunpoint and took him captive. (And was about to kill one of his colleagues but I doubt Bob saw that). I'd have the same thing given an opportunity like that, and I doubt I'm the only one.

That's true, I was just wondering what he wants to do, help Dawn, or even Rick.

I got that feeling as well. I've seen a lot of Daryl-bashing in other internet discussions because of his agreement to Tyrese's plan. In his defense, there are probably a lot more cops at Grady than meets the eye. First, assume that there is a large enough division of "rapist-type" cops and "good-guy" cops. If there were but a few in each said group, that would be around 6, just a little bit more than Rick's group. But I feel a division amongst the cops in Grady would imply that there should be about 10 cops in each said group. (Just a few "bad cops" amongst then "good cops" is an issue of there being "bad apples" in the group, not a division amongst the group.) If my assumption is correct, then there would be at least 20 - too high of a number for Rick's group to handle.) I also feel that is would be necessary to have a relatively large amount of cops in Grady to ensure that the nurses/servants do not rebel. And again, Rick's plan would have work, but only if it went exactly as planned. Even with a map of the interior, it is unlikely that Rick's plan would be carried out so.

Haha.

Funny how it took Abraham etc a while before realising that Eugene might need some shade instead of boiling like an egg in the sun. I mean there's trees right next to them. Not too bright these folk. =/

Especially Georgia sun and those southern devil scorpions. Their venom isn't poisonous though, but the ground is not a good place to be. :o

Just had a random thought... Someone upstream said Morgan would snag Gabriel...

Could the etching on the church "You'll burn for this" be foreshadowing Morgan, because he would burn those bodies from last season, or whenever that was when Rick ran into him a second time.

Probably not, but couldn't help notice the relation.

ETA: Oh, Beth and Maggie are sisters. I nearly forgot.

Archived