Legend of Korra Book 4, Take Two [Spoilers, including Series Finale!]

Sci-2

thought this week was merely ok. Neer as much fun without the airbender kids or a proper villain around. Nice to see the blossoming Asami and Korra relationship though. Asami seems to have grown a lot over the 3 years - towering above the others,

Wu... I hope they're only building him up to realizing he's unfit to rule and handing over power to a democratic system

I hope the people in general aren't so stupid as to put him in charge! Have a show royal family by all means but don't have them in any real position of power.

Failing that I'd still be happy seeing Kuvira kill him. I think spending time with Mako's grandma will help Wu identify his real role though.

It was nice to see misunderstood Kuvira is now throwing out all non earth benders out of her empire. Good idea for the next Avatar plan :)

I hope the people in general aren't so stupid as to put him in charge! Have a show royal family by all means but don't have them in any real position of power.

No, they must go full Republic. No crappy constitutional monarchies, away with those parasites! Death to Ming (and Wu)!

Failing that I'd still be happy seeing Kuvira kill him. I think spending time with Mako's grandma will help Wu identify his real role though.

It was nice to see misunderstood Kuvira is now throwing out all non earth benders out of her empire. Good idea for the next Avatar plan :)

That is the plan, Wu wasn't looking to be anything more then a face man. I think Wu government would have been fine if it went as planned, but Kuvira just had to have work camps and internment camps.

This was probably the weirdest episode ever. An attempt to recapture "The Ember Island Players". Parts of it were really good. Korra reflecting on her continued "failures" was well done. Kind of showing her growth to those who think she's a static character. Varrick is still comedy gold, and the self-aware mocking of "the Evil Unalaq" was brilliant.

But the episode falls from its height because it also tries to be a kind of retcon on Mako's character. And that went on for too damn long. Mako's many romantic mistakes are precisely what we don't need to see if his character has any chance of recovering. And about half- half- an episode was spent on that. Seriously? :bang:

I'll probably watch it later anyway...

I was saying back in Season 1 that they squandered a lot of potential with Mako. I liked him in Season 2. In Season 3 he did jack diddly squat.

I'll go see what Star Wars Rebels (or Firefly, Star Wars Edition) is up to...

NO NEW EPISODES UNTIL JANUARY 5.

Archived