Can Myrcella and Tommon "Waters" survive ?

the storm king returns

The only way for them to survive is for Tommen or Myrcella to reign on the throne. Every other scenario involves them dead.

Actually, that's what is going to get them killed. If Cersei had listened to Jaime's offerings of marriage, they could be already living safely somewhere else, even maybe with Joffrey.

I like Tommen and Myrcella and I hope they survive, but I don't think it's likely. Not necessarily because of the whole Maggie the Frog business, but because I don't think the Lannister-Tyrell alliance will be able to weather the storm. I'm someone who thinks the books will end in some kind of Targaryen restoration, whether it's through Dany, Aegon, or Jon. For whoever wins the Iron Throne, Tommen and Myrcella are too dangerous to leave alive. At the very least, it would be dangerous to let them have offspring. If someone was feeling merciful, they could maybe let Tommen take the black (how old do you have to be to join the Night's Watch?), but somehow I don't see it. Maybe if they both acknowledged their own illegitimacy they would be allowed to live out their days at Casterly Rock? Again, somehow I doubt it.

It's too bad too. I'm probably a minority of one on this, but I actually wouldn't really mind Tommen being King long-term as long as the Starks get the North back. I'm not a Dany hater, but I don't really relish the idea of the Targaryens being back in charge.

King Tommen forever!

Seriously though, I think they will be killed and it will be remembered as a great evil, just as with Aegon and Rhaenys. In particular if Aegon is the one to do it since he is literally no better than Robert. He's essentially killing himself and his sister (for all he knows).

Actually, that's what is going to get them killed. If Cersei had listened to Jaime's offerings of marriage, they could be already living safely somewhere else, even maybe with Joffrey.

Yep, the throne is a death magnet. Although timing would have been nice had that occurred post-Joffrey. No Ser Pounce for dinner that way.

It is a start, though. The only thing Joffrey tossed to the small folk was arrows.

Tommen seems too timid and is extremely entitled at this point; he needs a little more of Jaime and Tywin and to be away from all of these women and bad counsellors.

Tommen seems too timid and is extremely entitled at this point; he needs a little more of Jaime and Tywin and to be away from all of these women and bad counsellors.

Not Tywin. Jaime is the best that could happen to Tommen. I was re-reading Jaime last night and I liked the part when he said, after he knew of what Gregor did to Pia, that he wouldn't mourn him. He's definitely against murderers and rapists, unlike his dad.

(AND BEFORE ANYONE SAYS ANYTHIGN ABOUT BRAN... he has come to regret that already :lol:)

He's actually not that timid when he's given half a chance. He's been knocked off a horse and happily got back up to try again, and there's some evidence he will make a decent horseman if his idiot mother would let him train. It's Cersei that's the problem. Tywin had the right idea when he was planning to send Tommen back to Casterly Rock with Jaime (before he was killed).

Also, he's still, what? Eight? Nine? Part of his timidness comes from the fact he's still a kid.

Not to mention he only did it to save his own three children, and the lives of his sister and himself along with thousands of men sworn to the Lannisters.

Still terrible but not done out of malice. Also Jaime is currently wandering the Riverlands with a giant bucktoothed woman and may not ever see Tommen again

Did you not see how Tommen and Myrcella treat Arya in agot?

They'd be terrible to moderately ineffectual rulers and not give two fucks about the smallfolk

They were also quite young - 8 and 9 I think; plenty of time for teaching about the value and dignity of all peoples' lives if they could have the right tutors. Tommen has been seen to have a certain amount of empathy, he cried when Myrcella left and he loves animals; and he had a lot of pluck and wanted to do more than he was allowed to do - he wanted to joust and ride, even though he wasn't very good at either; and under Margaery's tutelage was becoming interested in attending the Small Council.

All we know about Myrcella is that she appears to be a brave and strong little girl, no tears when she left home and mother to go live in Dorne.

Neither child deserves the untimely death they are likely to be given.

I think there's a chance that Myrcella could survive - she has a double who could be slain in her place; and Myrcella Baratheon would be publicly dead, but actually able to live out her life in peace if someone takes her in and protects her.

I fear that Tommen's death will be Mace Tyrell's gift to Aegon, in hopes of a betrothal to Margaery.

Archived