The Shield (Spoilers abound)

Mark Antony

Didnt want to bombard the What are you watching thread with Shield posts everyday.

Halfway through season 4 and binging like I've never binged before. Lem is my favorite character at the moment.Feel free to post full series spoilers in here. Its as 12 year old show, I won't be offended.

Yeah, probably best to use spoiler tags so new viewers don't get spoiled. I did read some spoilers before, and even though I don't mind knowing some things in advance, this show is probably better to see completely unspoiled.

Glad to hear you enjoy it though. Seem like you are having quite the fast binge tempo, and I completely understand you, it's just so addicting.

I think s4 is better than both season 1 and season 3 I think. Both Glenn Close and Anthony Anderson play two interesting and fresh characters, and the overarching plot of season 4 I thought was pretty damn good actually.

This show is every bit as good as the Hbo greats, in my opinion. It kind of gives you hope in basic cable shows, because it shows you how good they can be.

I think s4 is better than both season 1 and season 3 I think. Both Glenn Close and Anthony Anderson play two interesting and fresh characters, and the overarching plot of season 4 I thought was pretty damn good actually.

Interesting. I thought season 3 was one of the best seasons with all the crazy plot lines they had going on at once. S4 fell a little flat, I didn't buy AA's character and Close basically amounted to nothing. The asset forfeiture debate was an interesting topic but they could have done more with it, imo. I agree that 4 is better than 1 but there were very few episodes in the first season that I thought were great, the pilot excluded.

And when it comes to pilot episodes has there ever been one with an ending that was more shocking?

Only on episode 4 right now, wondering if i should keep going. It hasn't really "hooked" me yet.

I guess i will, i'll see if the next couple episodes manage to finally convince me to binge watch it.

First season is the most uneven - I'd skip to 'Dragonchasers' if I were you. If you don't like that one it's probably not for you.

First season is the most uneven - I'd skip to 'Dragonchasers' if I were you. If you don't like that one it's probably not for you.

I will check that out then, if i like it i'll watch the episodes i missed, after. Thanks for the recommendation!

I binges on the shield a few months ago and you really don't want spoilers. I remember when I first started it having no idea what it was and believing for the first episode it would be about Terry I think his name was taking down the strike team only to have him shot in the face at the end of the first hour. I was shocked and pretty much on board since then. My favourite characters were Claudette and Dutch along with lem shane and Forrest Whitakers character. In my opinion it has one of the strongest final episodes of any programme ever. Spartacus is probably the only one that matched it for me.

This just might be the best show I've ever watched, but I can't bring myself to finish it. The ending of Season Five came out of nowhere, it was so shocking that I really needed to take a break after watching it. And then I never picked it up again. But yeah, I've never been affected as much as I was by that thing. Did anyone else feel an urge to curl up into a ball and cry?

Fuck you, Shane.

This just might be the best show I've ever watched, but I can't bring myself to finish it. The ending of Season Five came out of nowhere, it was so shocking that I really needed to take a break after watching it. And then I never picked it up again. But yeah, I've never been affected as much as I was by that thing. Did anyone else feel an urge to curl up into a ball and cry?

Fuck you, Shane.

Yes to all of this. I did the same but I eventually picked it up again after it was finished and saw it out. Glad I did, it really lands the ending.

I started watching this when it first came out. I was just stunned by the characters. Vic Mackie was such a brutal and complex character that I figured he would come to a well deserved end. However bad he was though, the criminals were worse. I just wish Dutch wasn't made out to be such a geek. There was one guy I could actually relate to.

As others have said. You do NOT want spoilers. You will continually be blown away episode to episode. And the series finale... :stunned: ... makes up for any missteps during the run of the show.

Archived