The Shield (Spoilers abound)

Mark Antony

:D

Think I'll be done by then. 3 eps into Season 5 already and damn the stakes feel raised a shit ton. I have real life shit to do for a few hours but im gonna marathon 5 this evening.

Whitaker already killing it. Polar opposite of Glenn Close performance wise. Both are great.

I will reiterate what's already been said here - YOU DO NOT WANT SPOILERS.

For those that have seen the whole series:

I had Lem's death spoiled for me from the worst person on the planet. I hate them to this day.

Anyway, this is one of my all-time favorite shows. While The Wire is the best show ever (and I'm sure there are few that would disagree with that), The Shield is the most entertaining and complete arc from pilot to finale - for me. I even wrote a paper on Vic Mackey as one of the best anti-heroes of all time :)

Season 5 is next level shit. Now I see why people consider this an all time great, Every episode this season has been awesome. Only 3 left till season 6 :(

More awesomeness to come. Must not spoil...must not spoil...must not spoil...

Season 5 is next level shit. Now I see why people consider this an all time great, Every episode this season has been awesome. Only 3 left till season 6 :(

Very encouraging to read stuff like this, almost done season 1 and i already find it great. First 3-4 episodes were decent, but now it's pretty damn good.

Season 5 spoiler

fuck you guys, literally shed some tears after the finale. Lem being alive after the blast was so much more well done than a certain death on Breaking Bad, His final gasps of breath were haunting. Such a tragic character and Kenny Johnson played him so well. This show without him is gonna be weird.

What a masterful season. One of the best of any show ive seen no doubt.

Season 5 spoiler

fuck you guys, literally shed some tears after the finale. Lem being alive after the blast was so much more well done than a certain death on Breaking Bad, His final gasps of breath were haunting. Such a tragic character and Kenny Johnson played him so well. This show without him is gonna be weird.

#1 most affecting thing I've ever seen on TV. As I said upthread I had to walk away from The Shield for a couple of years because of it, and I hated Shane with a passion like no other character.

Season 5 spoiler

Told you you didn't want spoilers =P Season 6 is when shit gets really fucking crazy and dark. Enjoy. And stay away from spoilers!

I can never decide where to rank season 6. On its own it's a bit slow, but with hindsight it is absolutely essential and awesome.

You think the first 6 episodes of s6 is slow? I think that first half has some of the most tense and best moments of the entire show. The last 4 eps are mostly filler get to the last season though.

I`m at Episode 8 of season 6 right now. Will finish this season today I guess.

One of the very best series ever written.

Great characters, great Locations, intense Story.

I can only advise everyone who loves this series like me to try Sons of Anarchy.

I watched sons after the shield and I think I'm probably alone in thinking it's not of the same quality. Ron Pearlman is awesome but jax, Tara and Gemmas acting isn't great if you ask me. It's not a bad show but I feel it's a bit overrated.

Archived