What do you still want to know?

glamourweaver

1. Was the merman always the sigil of the house Manderly? (I don't think so.)

2. Why did Breakspear's sons have such expressively Valyrian names? (I suspect to reaffirm the realm into the prejudiced notion that Baelor and his heirs are indeed Targs, regardless of Baelor's dornish appearance. The boys, I think, had Targ features.)

(Maybe my questions are actually answered but my jumpy style of reading prevents me from knowing them. :D)

Thee House of Urrathon Night-Walker and obsidian candles

I always assumed night-walker was just a nickname that was given to Urrathon. But now, it seems like night-walkers are actually some kind of magicians. I wonder what they are capable of.

There was lots of lines regarding different kinds of magicians in Asshai section.

I believe shapechangers are like the Faceless Men. I don't believe that the FM are the only ones who can change their faces. (the ones that are mentioned in Asshai and Mossovy section, I think all "shapechangers" in Westeros history are just skinchangers)

I always took this to mean that some of the old kings had direwolves and even had statues of them made to stand beside their humans in the crypts.

It also could be very symbolic. For instance, Tywin having a statue of him with a lion, or Oberyn, having a sun carved.

And wouldn't the wolves have names that have gone through history? Like "Here lies Brandon Stark and Fluffly". A lot of petnames have survived history for us to know, specially horses of heroes.

It also could be very symbolic. For instance, Tywin having a statue of him with a lion, or Oberyn, having a sun carved.

And wouldn't the wolves have names that have gone through history? Like "Here lies Brandon Stark and Fluffly". A lot of petnames have survived history for us to know, specially horses of heroes.

In Vaes Dothrak, you could have "Here is Khal Temmo and Seabiscuit."

All Stark Lords ahave a direwolf next to them in statue. Older ones may have the wolves with them and the wolves themselves are memorialised.

Last wolf sighting 200 years ago, as Theon says in Bran chapter 1. So says the wiki, I cant remember!

All of them have wolves? Even Lyanna? I have never heard that.

Oh I forgot about the Theon chapter quote.

That's exactly what I was saying I still want to know. Previous Stark/Direwolf bonds and the direwolves names.

I can't find earlier family tree that leads from Torrhen Stark to Benjen Stark who appears on top of Stark Family tree at end of WOIAF. I wonder how many generations are between Torrhen and Benjen.

I did find interesting that for all talk of Targaryen's insestual marriages, based on Family Tree of House Stark, they sometimes married almost as close. I saw that Ned's Father was literally married to his own aunt even family names were the same - Stark.

Right now, I am obsessed with that clutch of eggs that Vermax left in Winterfell. Will they clutch/did they clutch, who they look to? Will they face-off with Dany's dragons?

I can't find earlier family tree that leads from Torrhen Stark to Benjen Stark who appears on top of Stark Family tree at end of WOIAF. I wonder how many generations are between Torrhen and Benjen.

I did find interesting that for all talk of Targaryen's insestual marriages, based on Family Tree of House Stark, they sometimes married almost as close. I saw that Ned's Father was literally married to his own aunt even family names were the same - Stark.

Right now, I am obsessed with that clutch of eggs that Vermax left in Winterfell. Will they clutch/did they clutch, who they look to? Will they face-off with Dany's dragons?

I did find interesting that for all talk of Targaryen's insestual marriages, based on Family Tree of House Stark, they sometimes married almost as close. I saw that Ned's Father was literally married to his own aunt even family names were the same - Stark.?

Rickard married his first cousin once removed, hardly the same thing.

And this being based on European nobility, it would be hardly realistic if there weren't so many Starks marrying other Starks or cousins by the mother side.

^This! The fact that the Maester is so dismissive of this info, in my view, immediately screams that it is true.

I want to know more about the Five Forts and what they're guarding Yi Ti from. I don't have TWOIAF yet, but fom what I've seen the parallels between it and the Wall are interesting. Both are ancient and impressive defensive structures. Both separate a civilized land from a land that's inhabited by less civilized men and strange creatures. In the case of the Wall you have Wildlings, giants, Children of the Forest, etc; and in the case of the Five Forts you have cannibals, shrykes, winged men, etc. And then you have the Land of Always Winter, and beyond the Five Forts is the cold desert of the Grey Waste (and from the maps I've seen, it's quite a ways South of the other consistently cold regions).

I want to know more about the Five Forts and what they're guarding Yi Ti from. I don't have TWOIAF yet, but fom what I've seen the parallels between it and the Wall are interesting. Both are ancient and impressive defensive structures. Both separate a civilized land from a land that's inhabited by less civilized men and strange creatures. In the case of the Wall you have Wildlings, giants, Children of the Forest, etc; and in the case of the Five Forts you have cannibals, shrykes, winged men, etc. And then you have the Land of Always Winter, and beyond the Five Forts is the cold desert of the Grey Waste (and from the maps I've seen, it's quite a ways South of the other consistently cold regions).

:agree: :agree: :agree:

YES. The Five Forts and-really--all of Yi Ti sound fascinating

:agree: :agree: :agree:

YES. The Five Forts and-really--all of Yi Ti sound fascinating.

Archived