What do you still want to know?

glamourweaver

Yeah like honestly the Roberts Rebellion sections was so weak.

"That tale is to well known to warrant repeating here" should have been the title :P

The tale is not well known at all. It works for say the Rhaegar & Lyanna stuff, but you can't even tell us about a few battles...

Yeah, this is exactly what I was thinking.

I wish they went into more about how Rhaenys and Meraxes died :( It was just said that she died young or something and that was it....I mean, we know they were assassinated at Dorne most likely, but that's it.

Yeah, this is exactly what I was thinking.

I wish they went into more about how Rhaenys and Meraxes died :( It was just said that she died young or something and that was it....I mean, we know they were assassinated at Dorne most likely, but that's it.

Meraxes was shot by a scorpion bolt (giant crossbow essentially) outside of Hellholt in Dorne. Either Rhaenys died from the fall, or the Ullers were torturing her. Is that what you meant by assassinated?

Yeah the Robert's Rebellion section wasn't even chronological!?

I figure that means we'll find out more about it in the books, when they come out...

I want to know how prevalent the old gods are in the Riverlands. We know that the faith sought to surpress the old gods there and lost a war over it. We know that the Ghost of High Heart is a Riverlander and her friend Jenny likely favoured the Old Gods as people locally thought she was strange but the son of Blackwood married her.

The Toland stuff is in Dorne section, Dorne against the Dragons, btw.

Found it! "Queen Rhaenys accompanied him, astride Meraxes of the golden eyes and silver scales."

Ahh good good I wasn't misremembering.

We still don't know Vhagar tho :dunno:

Yeah the Tolands confused me cus they have a dragon that is green, and Meraxes is not so it made me think that they might have killed some other dragon. But it was in memory of a jester! I love it! I wanna know more sigil stories now... Thanks!

Im not yet finished reading but something minor I want more info on is Rhaenys & Meraxes' deaths down in Dorne, like wtf?! After the War of Conquest and Aegon consolidating his power everything (for the most part) seemed good. But then all of a sudden in what 10AC, Rhaenys & Meraxes pop up dead and then they just move on. I believe there was mention of Aegon going through a bit of depression afterward as Rhaenys was his favorite sister but damn no revenge or nothing and why was she down there by herself to begin with? A second Dornish invasion... Did I miss something? I need details

Im not yet finished reading but something minor I want more info on is Rhaenys & Meraxes' deaths down in Dorne, like wtf?! After the War of Conquest and Aegon consolidating his power everything (for the most part) seemed good. But then all of a sudden in what 10AC, Rhaenys & Meraxes pop up dead and then they just move on. I believe there was mention of Aegon going through a bit of depression afterward as Rhaenys was his favorite sister but damn no revenge or nothing and why was she down there by herself to begin with? A second Dornish invasion... Did I miss something? I need details

The First Dornish War began in 4AC, an attempt to "finish" the Conquest. It would last all the way to 13AC, and notable events include Lord Edmyn Tully being Hand from 7AC to 9AC, Orys Baratheon losing his hand in 4AC, and Rhaenys and Meraxes dying (supposedly) in 10AC. In 13AC, Princess Meria Martell dies, and her elder son, Prince Nymor, sends his own daughter, Princess Deria, to KL with Meraxes' skull (as a peace offering), and a letter. After reading the letter and leaving for (and returning from) Dragonstone, Aegon I agrees to a peace.

We don't know how many other wars there were with Dorne, and whether, for example, the Conquest of Dorne would count as a Dornish War..

Some Martell Prince sent Aegon a letter and he ended the war against Dorne. Most believe that Rhaeyns survived her fall with Meraxes and tortured really bad, soooo Dornish wanted peace to give a peaceful death to Rhaenys.

Poor poor Rhaenys :'(

Archived