The Mayonnaise War

Fragile Bird

If the Hellman's I've sampled (a long time ago) is anything to go by that might be true. Perhaps that has to do with my Dutch/Flemish mayo trained taste.

Of course home-made mayo is great..

Yeah, unfortunately on Unilever's side here. If it isn't Mayo, it ain't Mayo. Mayo is great. Brilliant on chips. Good with fish. Egg mayo sandwich, mmm. In Belgium and Australia you can get crispy fried chips with mayo, tomato sauce and onions. Absolutely brilliant.

All they need to do is add "Mayonnaise Substitute" on the front at the bottom and I'm good with it though.

If it ain't Duke's, it sucks.

This past July 4th, my mother accidentally discovered perfection in mayo. She only had a 1/2 cup of Hellman's left and sent my Sis to the store. She brought back some Dukes. It was the best potato salad EVER! We use Hellmans and Dukes depending on who is at the store, but we had never combined the two. It was magnificent.

Duke's is a southern thing. It's not even available in parts of the US.

But those who love it, love it a lot.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/food/dukes-mayonnaise-the-southern-spread-with-a-cult-following/2013/11/04/90f508a2-40e5-11e3-a624-41d661b0bb78_story.html

ETA I've always wanted to try the famous Duke's chocolate cake.

Perhaps in the summer.

Aioli or die you fucking animals.

Augustus Escoffier didn't die so we could slather white bread with mayonnaise and eat processed cheese and slices of mechanically and chemically emulsified loaf of animal pieces, warehouse 'ripened' tomatoes and iceberg lettuce and call it a sandwich.

Fuck that.

Make some aioli like a civilized person.

Mayonnaise can be boiled. That is not a good sign of it being something you should eat.

Duke's is a southern thing. It's not even available in parts of the US.

But those who love it, love it a lot.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/food/dukes-mayonnaise-the-southern-spread-with-a-cult-following/2013/11/04/90f508a2-40e5-11e3-a624-41d661b0bb78_story.html

ETA I've always wanted to try the famous Duke's chocolate cake.

Perhaps in the summer.

OMG! Thank you! I now know what to do for Mom's birthday next week! :love: I'll post the results! :D

Aioli or die you fucking animals.

Augustus Escoffier didn't die so we could slather white bread with mayonnaise and eat processed cheese and slices of mechanically and chemically emulsified loaf of animal pieces, warehouse 'ripened' tomatoes and iceberg lettuce and call it a sandwich.

Fuck that.

Make some aioli like a civilized person.

Mayonnaise can be boiled. That is not a good sign of it being something you should eat.

Educate me Sir. I am your willing pupil.

Archived