Is Cersei trans?

Seaworth'sShipmate

Is Cersei transgender? Is she a man trapped in the body of a woman?

She keeps saying and hinting at how she wants desperately to be a man.

She tells Robert, she should wear the armor, and he should be in skirts. She says she is the only true son Lord Tywin had. She feels frustrated of the limitations her gender places on her. And, she also is the "man" in her relationship with Taena Merrywhether.

Is this a probable theory?

I'm not up on modern psychology/gender identity theory, but I think not. She only wants to be a man because men wield power. It could be argued that other women in the saga have been able to exercise power more ably because they have accepted their societal roles, whereas Cersei has been unable to do so.

It could also be argued that she's the way she is because of an underlying misogyny of the author. Not my argument, but I've seen it put forward.

I'm not up on modern psychology/gender identity theory, but I think not. She only wants to be a man because men wield power. It could be argued that other women in the saga have been able to exercise power more ably because they have accepted their societal roles, whereas Cersei has been unable to do so.

It could also be argued that she's the way she is because of an underlying misogyny of the author. Not my argument, but I've seen it put forward.

The author certainly seems to love toying with her, and having her make a fool of herself. GRRM is not a misogynist, not really, but I think he just dislikes Cersei, thinks she is mean and cruel, but also finds her attractive. Thus the walk of shame, and the scenes with Taena Merrywhether

without getting into the whole idea of Trans being a bit loopy Cersei definitly shows signs of someone umcomfortable with her gender. Now just because she wishes she has the power of a man does not mean she should grow man parts and take Testosterone. People are who they are whether they have man parts of lady parts, it is about accepting who you are and using that to your advantage. If Cersei was just happy being the most powerful Lady in westeros she could use that power very well and would be very happy but she wants what she can not have. By wanting what she cant have it seems alot like the mental aspects of someone believeing they should be a man when they are a woman. A woman has no idea what it is to be a man and a man has no idea what it is to be a woman no operations or clothes can change that. sorry for the rant. Cersei is not trans she is just searching for a missing piece and everythign from margerys age to tywins willy is just something she can grab onto as an idea for why she is not happy.

Taking bets on what LordArryn's next thread will be about.

• Lollys: Is That Her Real Name?
  • Lollys Lives!
  • Will Lollys Get Red Hair?
  • Is Lollys an Other?
  • Lollys and Diarrhea
  • Is Cersei's Clitoris Really a Penis?
  • Did Tywin Have a Vagina Like Cersei?
  • Are Cersei and Lollys Characters in ASOIAF?

LordArryn covers such a wide variety of topics that it's almost impossible to guess what he'll do next!

Taking bets on what LordArryn's next thread will be about.

• Lollys: Is That Her Real Name?

Lollys Lives!

Will Lollys Get Red Hair?

Is Lollys an Other?

Lollys and Diarrhea

Is Cersei's Clitoris Really a Penis?

Did Tywin Have a Vagina Like Cersei?

Are Cersei and Lollys Characters in ASOIAF?

LordArryn covers such a wide variety of topics that it's almost impossible to guess what he'll do next!

Another big LOL.

I am unfamiliar with the previous threads........what do we got?

Archived