[spoiler]: Where is Brienne taking Jamie at the end of ADWD ?

1994bm

At the end of Feast for Crows, we saw the capture of Brienne of Tarth and her fellow companions. While they were being hanged she shouted a word, and the chapter ends there. Most probably the word is 'sword' since lady stoneheart gave her two options before : sword or the noose. Only sword was the possible word because of which she comes up again in ADWD to tell Jamie to come with her alone to help her rescue Sansa Stark from the Hound.

But why does she give Jamie the false reason of Hound , even though she's heard about the Hounds grave from the priest ? Is she really trying to save Pod's life by sacrificing Jamie ? What will happen if Jamie is taken to Lady Stoneheart ? Will she punish Jamie by hanging or is there another Trial for Combat coming ? I think that will be an interesting conclusion to Jamie's daily training with Ser Illyn Payne. I think she will charge her with the crime of making Brann a cripple. Any theories on Stoneheart's champion ? Or has beric dondarrion's flame also given her skills of fighting ? Because then Jamie is bound to lose.

Please do give your opinions or link me through existing popular theories in this context. I am really interested because the new Jamie is one of my most favourite characters in the book.

Every post needs a reply… I feel that Jaime will survive his encounter with Lady Stoneheart, but I am unsure how. Since Maggy told Cerrsi that her younger brother is going to kill her, she has been fixated on the thought of Tyrion murdering her, but I truly think Jaime is going to choke her life away. Afterwards he is most likely going to kill himself, probably by hanging. George RR Martin doesn’t seem like the writer who will simplify everything; for example, if Tyrion kills Cersei, it will be views as a cop-out to many readers’ mind.

Also, I do not even think Jaime can defeat Podrick in a fight, so him fighting an experienced warrior like Thoros (assuming if he does fight him) will be an overkill for him lol. I am assuming that Brienne will fight for Jaime, and defeat his opponent because she does have Valyrian steel, but it did not do much against Biter…

Beric Dondarrion does not have powers, the only reason he kept reviving is because Thoros prayed for his recovery from death. And Jaime will not be charged for making Bran a cripple because Catelyn pardoned him for that if he brought Sansa home. Jaime is going to be charge for breaking his oath, the same way Blackfish told him to return to his cell, due to his failure of not returning Sansa.

She is taking him to LS's cave. she was willing to die instead of kiling him so i dont think she has decided to do what stoneheart wants.

She probably has some kinda of plan/intent to fight for jaime and pod in single combat.

The fact that stoneheart probably will want her to kill him i dont think she has figured out.

This whole plot of bringing Jaime to LS, I don't think is really moving that storyline. The point of the brotherhood with LS is to kill the freys. Thoros respects LS and her family but he does not like the course that the brotherhood is going. I think there is going to some tension and I don't like how it is going to play out for LS. And I want her to have retribution so bad.

It is another dead end in the story and maybe one of the reasons why TWoW hasn't been completed. I don't see a way out of this without Brienne or Jaime dying.

Years later it will be referred to as the Stoneheart knot, and GRRM will need to add a POV to get out of this.

It is another dead end in the story and maybe one of the reasons why TWoW hasn't been completed. I don't see a way out of this without Brienne or Jaime dying.

Years later it will be referred to as the Stoneheart knot, and GRRM will need to add a POV to get out of this.

You maybe right, there are alot of loose ends GRRM needs to resolve. When is Brianne's concluded as well as LS, and Edmure. Also Blackfish and Nymeria and her super pac of wolves all in the riverlands area.

Archived