Lysa and Sansa?

Seaworth'sShipmate

Probably. I'm not sure about her doing it in the show though. On one hand, show Lysa's less sympathetic to me. On the other, she says "look down" and really didn't seem to be trying to throw her in.

Show Lysa is less sympathetic? I think book Lysa is way more of a monster than is shown.

When Cat arrives with Tyrion, Robert asks her if "we can make the little man fly?" Making people "fly" seems to be something he is familiar with. I'd hate to think even Lysa made it common practice for her 5-6 year old son to watch her fling criminals to their deaths, but it appears that is the case. I can't picture Jon Arryn letting that happen, or even using a moon door for execution to begin with. It sounds far more inhumane than simple beheading. Then again, Jon did keep the sky cells...

Then again, Jon did keep the sky cells...

Well, what was he supposed to do, demolish that part of the castle? We don't know if he used them, even if it's likely.

As for Lysa, of course she would have. She was insane, jealous and paranoid. Sansa, with her beauty, youth and resemblance to Cat, was her worst living nightmare.

@Lord Arryn The Moon Door and the Sky Cells are part of being an Arryn. It's like the Starks and beheading people personally.

I say she's less sympathetic because in the books Lysa had miscarriages, stillbirths, a bad relationship with her father... among other things to screw her up and many of her actions are driven by love for her son, where as in the show she has no tragic backstory and does everything for a skeevy, old scumbag like LF.

@Lord Arryn The Moon Door and the Sky Cells are part of being an Arryn. It's like the Starks and beheading people personally.

I say she's less sympathetic because in the books Lysa had miscarriages, stillbirths, a bad relationship with her father... among other things to screw her up and many of her actions are driven by love for her son, where as in the show she has no tragic backstory and does everything for a skeevy, old scumbag like LF.

Not to mention, show Lysa kind of looks like a meth addict. I realize the moon doors part of the Arryn culture, but to have as a show for Robert's enjoyment? Thats sick. At least with Ned and Bran, Ned emphasized just how solemn and important what he was doing was.

Show Lysa is less sympathetic? I think book Lysa is way more of a monster than is shown.

When Cat arrives with Tyrion, Robert asks her if "we can make the little man fly?" Making people "fly" seems to be something he is familiar with. I'd hate to think even Lysa made it common practice for her 5-6 year old son to watch her fling criminals to their deaths, but it appears that is the case. I can't picture Jon Arryn letting that happen, or even using a moon door for execution to begin with. It sounds far more inhumane than simple beheading. Then again, Jon did keep the sky cells...

Well, that's the same Ned does... but:

Not to mention, show Lysa kind of looks like a meth addict. I realize the moon doors part of the Arryn culture, but to have as a show for Robert's enjoyment? Thats sick. At least with Ned and Bran, Ned emphasized just how solemn and important what he was doing was.

Ned doesn't strike me at the kind of character who would pass a death sentence on a wimp and he never told his sons "Kids, fun times! We have an execution ready. Bring the popcorn!" which seems to be the reaction Robert Arryn has. Then again, that boy is an epileptic, weaker and coward version of Joffrey.

Would Lysa Arryn really have shoved Sansa out of the Moondoor? Or was she just doing that to teach her niece a lesson on not being immoral and flirtatious?

Lysa was definitely capable of shoving Sansa out the Moon Door.

Cat stole Petyr's heart from her when they were young, and years later she finally gets to have an affair with Petyr, kill her husband, marry Petyr, and no more Catelyn to possibly interfere with her perfect destined relationship.

And then along comes younger, sexier Catelyn 2.0, to steal her Petyr from her ? BERSERK BUTTON PUSHED.

Lysa was emotionally volatile, accused Sansa of incidents that happened before Sansa was born (mixed her up with Catelyn), got Marillion to sing for them while barricading the doors so the guards couldn't come in and interfere, had a major jealous streak in her about Catelyn, shoved her out to the point where Sansa lost her shoe (and had to grab Lysa's braid to avoid being pushed out) and was drunk. Yes she definitely would have.

Ned doesn't strike me at the kind of character who would pass a death sentence on a wimp and he never told his sons "Kids, fun times! We have an execution ready. Bring the popcorn!" which seems to be the reaction Robert Arryn has. Then again, that boy is an epileptic, weaker and coward version of Joffrey.

He does get better under Sansa's care so it seems more like Lysa's parenting ruined him rather than naturally being a monster like Joffrey.

I don't really think he gets that Moon Door=Death. After all he wanted to throw his porridge down the Moon Door so I think he's regards it as a place to throw out all of his annoyances out.

He does get better under Sansa's care so it seems more like Lysa's parenting ruined him rather than naturally being a monster like Joffrey.

And older. SR is in no way like Joffrey. Just a badly parented boy.

By the way, all children are psychopaths when they are four. The non-psychopathic stuff develops later.

Archived