Jack Gleeson's panel at Supanova in Adelaide, Australia.

Alysanne Baelish

Firstly, I didn't really know where to put this because it relates to both potential spoilers for the novels and season 6. Hopefully by putting it in here people who only watch the show won't be exposed to unwanted spoilers.

I think Jack Gleeson may have inadvertently given out some information about Jon Snow's storyline, and future, for the next ASOIAF book and Season 6. He said that he caught up with Kit who said he has just signed his new contract, Jack asked for how many seasons, Kit said he couldn't tell him that. This may be nothing, but considering how Jon's storyline was left, Kit signing a contract for even one more season tends be a bit of a spoiler for The Winds of Winter.

Assuming that Jon Snow's storyline in ADWD ends in the same place during season 5, this seems like a strong indication that Jon Snow does indeed survive, as many people seem to think. This is of course assuming that they include his last chapter in ADWD in Season 5. It's obviously just speculation but when he mentioned this during the panel it made me very curious.

Has anyone else heard anything similar, and does anyone else think that this is a good indication about the fate of Jon?

Was there ever any serious doubt that Jon Snow, in one form or another, would have a role in TWOW? It's a legitimate question, but nearly all theories I read deal with how he wasn't dead, or how he'll survive, or how he'll be resuscitated, etc.

Kit is a book reader, one if the few actors who is, he'd probably have questions about snows fate and really not know where snow is going to end up, even grrm isn't all that specific on how many books there are going to be.

He's probably saying he doesn't know because he's got no idea TWOW where snows story is goimg and how compressed D abd D will choose to make it.

Edit, obviously snow has some role in TWOW, that's the point of the prologue. How much is anyone's guess.

Kit said he couldn't tell him that. This may be nothing, but considering how Jon's storyline was left, Kit signing a contract for even one more season tends be a bit of a spoiler for The Winds of Winter.

It's also a spoiler if he signed only one season, since that could mean he won't come back.

No it doesn't. The wall storyline is a bit behind where the book's storyline is at the Wall still... Very easily could be our episode 9 "surprise"

Well, melisandre is at the wall with Jon snow and the nights watch at the end of season 4.

In season 5 we shall see the stabbing.

Jon has signed for season 6.

Well, melisandre is at the wall with Jon snow and the nights watch at the end of season 4.

In season 5 we shall see the stabbing.

Jon has signed for season 6.

I didn't know about post season 5 signings. Not that I'm doubting we're seeing a lot more Snow. Just pointing out that we still have a decent bit of material to cover pre Ides of Marsh.

Firstly, I didn't really know where to put this because it relates to both potential spoilers for the novels and season 6. Hopefully by putting it in here people who only watch the show won't be exposed to unwanted spoilers.

Put it in the show subforum and put "book spoilers" in the title. I think that's the protocol.

If he has signed for season 5, it means Jon was not killed!

(I assume you mean 6. He's obviously not dead yet, as of the beginning of 5.) Well, not really. They might postpone the stabbing till the first episode of S6. Lady Stoneheart hasn't made an appearance yet, doesn't mean they wrote her out for good. Well, maybe they did. The point is, they can shuffle stuff as they see fit.

No it doesn't. The wall storyline is a bit behind where the book's storyline is at the Wall still... Very easily could be our episode 9 "surprise"

Honestly, I'd have to say that it would be better to place that in episode 10, as the big episode 9 surprises are usually followed up with the fallout in episode 10's, and I think that would be a great cliffhanger to keep fans coming back for more.

I doubt we'll get too much of the great Jon-as-Lord-Commander moments that we had in the book. And, it's looking less and less likely that we'll get Val, what with Tormund already being a prisoner of the Night's Watch.

jon snow, dead? i did not realise anyone ever, never still, thought he was dead - yet, anyway.

kit harrington seen with bleached hair, or wearing vivid blue contacts, or riding a pneumatic rodeo bull in front of a green screen with a huge fan blasting at him; they would be spoilers.

Archived