Football 100million: #6seasonsAndaRelegation

Grand Moff Mithrandir

The big issue was that we had the 2 guys there but neither knew which was the one to shield the defense and which one was going to go hunting the ball, pressing with Gerrard. Too often both DMs were rushing out to close down and our D line wasnt moving with them leaving so much space in behind them couple that with Johnson being fucking clueless I mean in highlights for Ludogrets when they were coming down their right, as in his side, you see him strolling around in front of skrtel and lovren and sterling was the one tracking back to where a left back should be.

The Mascherano role is one we need to fill and I cant see anyone in our list capable of that. We picked up Suarez, Sturridge and Coutinho in the last few years and last year nearly won the title. this season we sold Agger and Suarez and brought in what, Lovren, Lallana, Manquillo, Balotelli who is the only one who could possibly be described as a good transfer for the first team, Lambert for backup was ok as well. Where was our Anchor man type or a proven right back, Moreno looks like he could be class as well if he stays fit but it will be a season or 2 before we really see his quality. Just seems like 1 step forward 2 steps back. This should have been the year to cement ourselves as top 2 or 3 in the league but the way its looking atm we will be lucky to make Europa League.

Johnson's mistake for that Ludogorets goal might actually be his worst defending yet, and that is a crowded field. He's barely Premier League standard these days, let alone Liverpool/Champion's League. Thankfully he will be gone from the England team now depending on Clyne's fitness.

Ludogorets player who scored the tying goal was surrounded by Liverpool players, but it was clearly Johnson who failed to mark him.

Johnson had absolutely no idea where his man was and, lo and behold, he was a meter and a half away and all alone.

Had they taken random 10 fans from the stands, at least 5 or 6 of them would've scored that header.

Johnson is the worst defensive liability I have ever seen in Liverpool's shirt and his offensive capabilities are nowhere near the level required to offset that.

He's no better in his preferred position (right back) than he is in exactly the opposite position (left back) and he's 30 years old.

Had Flanagan been given as many games as Johnson, I'm certain he would make some mistakes but he'd learn from that and improve and MAYBE he'd be good enough right back for a Champions' League side. There are no guarantees, but Johnson certainly won't improve and should be canned.

Ludogorets player who scored the tying goal was surrounded by Liverpool players, but it was clearly Johnson who failed to mark him.

Johnson had absolutely no idea where his man was and, lo and behold, he was a meter and a half away and all alone.

Had they taken random 10 fans from the stands, at least 5 or 6 of them would've scored that header.

Johnson is the worst defensive liability I have ever seen in Liverpool's shirt and his offensive capabilities are nowhere near the level required to offset that.

He's no better in his preferred position (right back) than he is in exactly the opposite position (left back) and he's 30 years old.

Had Flanagan been given as many games as Johnson, I'm certain he would make some mistakes but he'd learn from that and improve and MAYBE he'd be good enough right back for a Champions' League side. There are no guarantees, but Johnson certainly won't improve and should be canned.

That's the weird thing about it. It's not as if Liverpool don't have someone else to play at right back who's proved himself to be, at the very least, competent.

That's the weird thing about it. It's not as if Liverpool don't have someone else to play at right back who's proved himself to be, at the very least, competent.

Not only Flanagan, but Manquillo too.

I say, give them a shot, tolerate their mistakes at the beginning and watch them improve.

It's not as if Johnson is not making mistakes and, being 30, chances of him improving are rather slim.

I watched Glen Johnson's early years and I never really understood what was the big deal about him. I was far more excited about Defoe, Cole, Carrick etc. I guess his abilities would be more impressive in an 18 year old, where there is some likelihood for improvement. Trouble is he never got much better.

What is it with the 'streakers'?

Can it still be called streaking if the person has not gone full monty?

Poor effort, nonetheless.

It's a publicity stunt in favour of some company or other (the broadcaster refused to name it).

We've got the worst stewards in Europe.

Don't know what this is in reference to, but yes you do. Hate going to WHL for so many reasons but your over zealous stewards are a particular pain.

Archived