What would you have done as lord of the Vale?

John Doe

if I was Robin A

support Stannis but want Joffrey in return

get rid of my crazy mom and send her to be with Aunt Cat, replace her with Bronze Yohn as my advisor

have a bounty on LF for helping murder my uncle , I want him alive

give him a fair trial , send LF to moon door

bribe the mountain men by offering to give them large housing in mountains for each tribe, If Stannis became king and I have Joffrey, I would give Joffrey to the mountain men as a punching bag for tormenting me.

Not that this is any sort of surprise coming from me, but I would call my swords and join in on the side of Robb Stark, The King in the North and of the Trident (and the Vale). But also encourage Robb to put off the crown and make common cause with Stannis if/when the truth of Joffery's parentage comes to light, reminding him that this war was against the Lannisters, not the Baratheons.

I'd have to stick with the Isolationist strategy. As tempting as it would be to declare for Robb Stark, that would likely bring the war to the Vale. Never fight a battle where you don't stand to gain anything after all. Meanwhile as long as I remain uninvolved my options are open and I can back whomever looks to be the winner or offers me the most concessions.

Stop paying taxes to KL, use the money to build a fleet

Send the knights of the Vale to hunt down the Lannisters in defense of my grandfather's vassals. Don't declare for Robb, Stannis or Renly yet, but tell everyone a King defends his people or is no King at all. Maybe someone will pick the hint.

Marry Ysilla Royce, make sure HtH is always at the front lines in case someone gets ideas.

Alternatively, or after the Lannisters are expelled from the Riverlands, sail in defense of the Wall, where the real enemy will hit.

Not if Mace wants to crown Margaery.

At the start of A Clash of Kings, Tywin is holed up in Harrenhal, with Robb and the Riverlords blocking his return to the Westerlands, and Roose Bolton to the north. If the Arryns enter the war, Robb would order all his forces to converge on Harrenhal and cut off Tywin's foraging, forcing a decisive confrontation between Tywin's 20,000 men and 60,000+ Stark/Tully/Arryn soldiers. He's screwed. This is well before the Tyrells even think about joining the Lannisters.

Archived