So did Dany's dragon eggs come from Dragonstone?

Parizad

Maester Yandel speciafically mentions dragon eggs that are turned to stone that came from Dragonstone. What's more, Varys is already whispering to him... could Dany's dragon eggs be from Dragonstone and went through Varys to magister Illyrio who gifted them to dany?

I don't know about Dragonstone, but even if a little of what Yandel says can be taken seriously about Asshai, it seems less than likely that they came from there. Dragonstone or even the bowls of the Red Keep/Dragon Pit might be a good idea.

The way Yandel puts it, I feel like it's a hint to Dany's eggs. We don't see any other mention of dragon eggs turned to stone except about Dany's and about the eggs out of Dragonstone that Mad King experimented with.

"His attempts to bring forth dragons from eggs foun in the depths of Dragonstone (some so old that they ha turned to stone) yielded naught."

Well it's still entirely possible that that's just what happens to dragon eggs when they get really old. I don't see any reason why they couldn't just be ancient eggs from the Shadowlands.

That's true. It just sorta depends on what is going on in the Shadowlands and if people can actually get in and out. It seems rather...hellish.

It wouldn't have been too difficult for Varys to steal himself some eggs from Dragonstone/Aerys' possession, after his arrival at Westeros, I'd say. In the chaos left after the Rebellion, perhaps..

Yes. Because Illyrio's son--fAegon--would have been born by then and they needed a dragon egg if only for symbolic importance. But they put them in "safekeeping" with Dany?

It wouldn't have been too difficult for Varys to steal himself some eggs from Dragonstone/Aerys' possession, after his arrival at Westeros, I'd say. In the chaos left after the Rebellion, perhaps..

Exactly! And for all they know, really old stone eggs are basically like rare gems not real eggs with dragon potential. I really think Dany's eggs were of the ones her father took from Dragonstone

I'm involved with some roleplay based on the ASoIaF novels, and now can't seem to actually find any evidence of Aerys II (Aerys the Mad's) possessing any dragon eggs, save for a few threads, like this one, which always seem to mention Varys wanting to steal them.

Would anyone mind linking some actual lore about Aerys having the dragon eggs? I've already looked through Targaryen family lore.

What proof is there that The Mad King had dragon eggs? -- I was under the impression that if he'd had any, there'd have been more mentions of him trying to hatch them, similar incidents to the one that lead to Summerhall being made into ruins.

The seven eggs that were present at Summerhall were probably dug out of the rubble afterward - it would be stupid not to, given how much they are worth. Three of those seven may in fact be Dany's, and who knows, maybe Summerhall was actually key to the process that allowed them to hatch later.

The seven eggs that were present at Summerhall were probably dug out of the rubble afterward - it would be stupid not to, given how much they are worth. Three of those seven may in fact be Dany's, and who knows, maybe Summerhall was actually key to the process that allowed them to hatch later.

" Aerys held the delusional belief that he would not die in the inferno, but rather would be transformed by the flames into a dragon, giving him the power to crush his enemies."

We know that Aerys was obsessed with (wild)fire, and dragons. When Aerys II gave the order for King's Landing to be set ablaze, he believed that he would arise as a dragon. Considering he held that belief, wouldn't it be logical to assume that if he had dragon eggs in his possession, that he would've tried to hatch them, and they would've been emphasized in his grand scheme of things? -- Especially after the Battle of the Trident, I would think that he'd turn to any shot at hatching a dragon when it became clear that he was losing the war, yet I can't find any mentions of him trying to hatch eggs.

Wouldn't it be kind of difficult not to learn about them? I doubt Laena and Daemon would leave Vhagar and Caraxes unsupervised in Pentos..

They're dragons though, if they didn't leave them that would mean they didn't go indoors or sleep in beds haha. I always got the feeling they let grown bonded dragons just chill and do whatever, knowing since they are bonded they wouldn't just sack a city or fly off not to return. If that's the case there were plenty of times they could have flown off laid eggs and came back without them knowing.

If they did keep them under constant supervision or like chained them up all the time then yeah no way they wouldn't notice

Archived