GRRM is in the middle of TWOW

Jaime FTW

I was reading this article about fundraising for wolves. Martin said :

"I'm still in the middle of the book, so it'll be some time before I write the scenes in which they die."

In the middle

middle

This article was like two weeks ago and maybe i missed something, but i'm really concerned about that statement.

http://mashable.com/2014/11/16/george-rr-martin-charity-event/

Don't worry. It's probably just an exaggeration and I wouldn't take the statement literally. He doesn't mean he's already reached the half point, more like getting there. The publishing date is still around 2017 so there's no reason was sudden panic.

2017? i was hoping for summer 2015. poor me :frown5:

2017? i was hoping for summer 2015. poor me :frown5:

I was deliberately being a dick. Sorry. 2016 is still a possibility. 2015, in my opinion, not so much.

Look at it from the bright site: we have more time to invent crazy "theories". And we'll get some TWoW in the spring of 2015 in the form of the TV show.

I took as a term of phrase. If someone asked me if I'm busy i'll just say "I'm in the middle of cleaning" etc. And even if he is only half-way, give him a break. YOU try writing those novels, the scale of them, the pressure of them. Then come back and start bashing him. He can take as long as he wants, as long as I get a good book out of it, I'm cool.

I agree with what others have said, I think he meant the turn of phrase, that he's still really busy with The Winds of Winter, not in a literal middle.

I'm 2 chapters away from finishing A Dance With Dragons, but I'm content to either reread the series or rewatch the TV show in the interim. Hey maybe I'll even read something not written by Martin!

Given A Dance With Dragons took 6 years or something to write, and was only completed 3 years ago, I think it'll be quite a long time before The Winds of Winter is ready.

I'd imagine he wouldn't answer any questions about his progress about TWOW and I'm sure he gets asked a lot about it and because of what happened with aDwD he doesn't really want to give any status updates anymore. I recently read an article about his visit to Finncon 2009 and back then he said that aDwD wouldn be ready in a couple of months and look what happened.

There will always be rumours about his health mainly because he doesn't look that healthy even if he wouldn't have any health issues.

I do hope that he didn't meant that he was literally halfway writing TWoW, but considering that he has become insanely popular ever since GoT started I'm surprised that he has gotten anything done.

Well, in the past year he has debunked rumours or misquotes about supposed progress.

So he could say: "No, I did not mean that I'm halfway". Then he still doesn't give us an update but does stop an end to rumours.

Archived