Jurassic World

Commodore

The third movie was insultingly bad.... I mean, the second one was terrible with the gymnastics raptor kill and everything.... but I don't think I've ever hated a movie character more than Tea Leoni in that abysmal affront to entertainment

... and yet, I'll be a sucker and go see the new one.... mainly because of the time lapse between the movies... It lends itself towards the slim hope that it might not be just another franchise milking.

Trailer's on youtube.

I rather badly want this to be good, but that trailer looks just awful. I mean, a genetically modified "hybrid" dinosaur? Is that really necessary?

ETA: Also, is it my imagination or were those supposed to be tamed Raptors that Pratt was riding with at the end? Just typing that makes me feel dumber.

Trailer's on youtube.

I mean, a genetically modified "hybrid" dinosaur? Is that really necessary?

Why not? They were finally able to create a nice, stable park for people. So in what direction would they go? (not counting not making another movie)

Jurassic Park has always been about the arrogance of man, trying to match God's accomplishments. This is taking it into that direction. First they resurrected dinosaurs, now they're creating them.

ETA: Also, is it my imagination or were those supposed to be tamed Raptors that Pratt was riding with at the end? Just typing that makes me feel dumber.

Likely genetically modified to act like dogs.

Sadly I have to say that there is way too much CGI and most of it bad. I'm hoping its just unfinished and rushed for a trailer but sheesh.

Why not? They were finally able to create a nice, stable park for people. So in what direction would they go? (not counting not making another movie)

Jurassic Park has always been about the arrogance of man, trying to match God's accomplishments. This is taking it into that direction. First they resurrected dinosaurs, now they're creating them.

There was no need for the plot to start with a stable park already open and in place. And even if that was the direction to go in, there are already giant murderous reptiles everywhere, no need to create ones even better at killing for no apparent reason. What, is the park being run by the Umbrella Corporation now?

Archived