Jurassic World

Commodore

Trailer's on youtube.

I rather badly want this to be good, but that trailer looks just awful. I mean, a genetically modified "hybrid" dinosaur? Is that really necessary?

ETA: Also, is it my imagination or were those supposed to be tamed Raptors that Pratt was riding with at the end? Just typing that makes me feel dumber.

"If something chases you... run."

I hate it already.

And yet I'll probably see it anyway.

Oh yeah, for sure. I just don't expect him to make it past the "shit gets real" escalation in the middle.

He's the aussie guy from Jurassic Park. Clever Girl, then dead.

This movie makes me sad they kill Muldoon in that one. Having him kill a bunch of raptors with a rocket launcher in that one would have been great. Then doing similar in this one.

This movie makes me sad they kill Muldoon in that one. Having him kill a bunch of raptors with a rocket launcher in that one would have been great. Then doing similar in this one.

As much as I liked it in the books I'm glad they cut it cause it would have looked rather silly on screen with the special effects of the time and because "Clever Girl" is one of the best parts of the film.

Actually by now I'm kind of rooting for Pratt to get eaten halfway through isn't it the thing in the JP films that the scientist is the one who makes it through while the tough usual hero guys die. I mean Muldoon gets munched on in 1, in 2 all the security guys get long grassed other than Obadiah Hakeswill who loses his mates and pisses off for the third act so the science guys can solve it and in 3 the mercenary guys all get eaten

I am in. Dinosaurs, enough said. However the Raptor scene does seem worrisome. And a new GM dinosaur bit also is not making me super confident. The film can easily devolve into: Hey you thought Raptors are terrifying? Well! You have seen nothing yet. We have tamed their asses. Just wait till you see the real badass.

Also I think Pratt survives and comes back for the sequel. The Kids are safe as well. The rest are Dino lunch.

That trailer elicited a hearty meh from me.

Aside from the initial buzz 'Hey remember that old movie Jurassic Park? Well, check this shit out!' there was very little of interest in this. More dinosaurs at least, I guess.

As much as I liked it in the books I'm glad they cut it cause it would have looked rather silly on screen with the special effects of the time and because "Clever Girl" is one of the best parts of the film.

Good point.

I am in. Dinosaurs, enough said. However the Raptor scene does seem worrisome. And a new GM dinosaur bit also is not making me super confident. The film can easily devolve into: Hey you thought Raptors are terrifying? Well! You have seen nothing yet. We have tamed their asses. Just wait till you see the real badass.

You mean like they did with the glorified fish eater beating the T-rex in 3?

I'm pretty sure Pratt is one of the main characters. He might die, but not until the end I think. His casting was being treated as a big deal back when it happened, and that was before Lego Movie or Guardians of the Galaxy came out.

Archived