Whoa creepy

Clegane'sPup

I am not as well read about the book series as most posters are. So I ask questions. I do try to look at the faqs and help but I do not know all the rules and regs. I posted a new topic on TWOW board and there was a pink caption across the screen that said the post would need to be approved. Is TWOW a dance on egg shell, tippy toe very gentle board?

And what is the difference between a light grey and a dark grey post?

I am not as well read about the book series as most posters are. So I ask questions. I do try to look at the faqs and help but I do not know all the rules and regs. I posted a new topic on TWOW board and there was a pink caption across the screen that said the post would need to be approved. Is TWOW a dance on egg shell, tippy toe very gentle board?

Welcome. Light grey means you've already read everything in that thread, it'll turn dark grey when something new is added.

I've never posted on the TWOW board but you're guess seems sound, spoilers are taken pretty seriously.

Hi! And welcome!

I think that the pink caption you saw, was simply the message everyone sees before their topic is accepted. When you post a new topic, it isn't immediately accepted. Moderators on the forums need to approve it (thereby preventing too many threads on one subject being active att he same time, for example). This can take some time, depending on how busy a day it is, and how many moderators have time.

The difference between light grey and dark grey, can be a few things:

• When it concerns threads you've read (like in your content, or simply on the boards), dark grey means that there are still unread posts between the last post read, and the last post on the thread. Once you've read them, it turns light grey.

When topics get too old, they'll turn light grey as well (though I haven't been able to figure out a constant in this)

Spoilers are taken seriously. In the Winds of Winter subforum, you can freely talk about Winds of Winter contents. If you wish to mention Winds content on other subforums, you need to use spoiler tags. This goes for all new material.

After each release, a spoiler period is set. The spoiler period for The World of Ice and Fire ends on the 27th of November, for example. Until then, you need to use spoiler tags on every forum (with the exception of the World of Ice and Fire subforum).

Every new thread, no matter which subforum, is screened. So if it was a warning for making a new thread, you should have seen it making this one too. If it's something Winds-subforum special, I don't know (I've never started a thread there).

When you try to place a post too quickly (within 15 seconds or so after placing another post), you get a pink warning as well.

As to the sample chapter thing. We already have received five.. :) so I'd call the chances small.

Archived