US Politics: A Game of Pedantry

awesome possum

Chuck Hagel out as Secretary of Defense, seemingly after being told to resign:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/25/us/hagel-said-to-be-stepping-down-as-defense-chief-under-pressure.html?_r=0

A little unexpected. I'll be curious to see how the nomination process goes, given the Congressional landscape.

Maybe John McCain, since he's full of fucking opinions on the use of America's military.

His opinion being we should use it for everything?

Cat stuck up in a tree? Boots on the ground!

Black Friday sales? Boots on the ground!

Russia said something mean about us? Boots on the ground!

His opinion being we should use it for everything?

Cat stuck up in a tree? Boots on the ground!

Black Friday sales? Boots on the ground!

Russia said something mean about us? Boots on the ground!

More or less, yeah. Not too late for him to reprise his stirring performance of "Bomb Iran."

At the very least we can park him on the front porch of the White House and have him angrily wave his fist at all the bad people in the world.

Definitely. A man of principle who takes a stand for what he believes in...just after everyone else has already taken the same stand.

He did lend such gravitas to that fake vial of anthrax he waved around at the UN while making the case for the invasion of Iraq.

Alright then, how about Zombie Casper Weinberger?

ETA: Seriously though, what's the supposed impetus for getting rid of Hagel?

Most of the commentary I've seen was that he was overmatched for what the job became. He was supposed to handle the withdrawal from Iraq and Afghanistan, and then Ukraine and ISIS got dumped in his lap. But I'm sure part of it is what Lightsnake pointed out -- replacing him before the current Senate lineup changes.

Archived