Reading ASOIAF?

Seaworth'sShipmate

Am I the only one who get filled with petty nerd rage when people call them the “Game of Thrones” books?

Nope, I always thought it's universal.

Personally I find it a great point to switch to the offensive and utterly discredit a person saying such nonsense :D

Am I the only one who get filled with petty nerd rage when people call them the “Game of Thrones” books?

You are not the only one. And yet I often find myself calling them that myself because whenever I say "I am currently reading the Das Lied von Eis und Feuer books." I am met with blank stares and confusion.

I loved the video. Surprisingly accurate.

Nope, I always thought it's universal.

Personally I find it a great point to switch to the offensive and utterly discredit a person saying such nonsense :D

You are definitly not the only one...

You are not the only one. And yet I often find myself calling them that myself because whenever I say "I am currently reading the Das Lied von Eis und Feuer books." I am met with blank stares and confusion.

I loved the video. Surprisingly accurate.

I’m a closet hipster, somewhere deep within my soul, so I actually prefer it when I say I’m reading A Song Of Ice and Fire and no one knows what I’m talking about. Then I don’t have to listen to them talking about how Tyrion is a pimp or how hot the dragon lady is, or whatever.

I’m such a fucking snob, but I’m learning to embrace it.

And also.. everything sounds so cool in German.

I’m a closet hipster, somewhere deep within my soul, so I actually prefer it when I say I’m reading A Song Of Ice and Fire and no one knows what I’m talking about. Then I don’t have to listen to them talking about how Tyrion is a pimp or how hot the dragon lady is, or whatever.

Yeah I do that a lot too, just hate listening to the Unsullied.

But show and it's audience aside, Game of Thrones is so much better as a title, is absurd, it invokes dark and realistic atmosphere of struggle for power. A Song of Ice and Fire on the other hand invokes some high as sky fantasy bullshit with magic and legends and orphaned bastard boys becoming kings, which is not necessarily a bad thing but is inferior to the aforementioned scheming and plotting thing.

Yeah I do that a lot too, just hate listening to the Unsullied.

But show and it's audience aside, Game of Thrones is so much better as a title, is absurd, it invokes dark and realistic atmosphere of struggle for power. A Song of Ice and Fire on the other hand invokes some high as sky fantasy bullshit with magic and legends and orphaned bastard boys becoming kings, which is not necessarily a bad thing but is inferior to the aforementioned scheming and plotting thing.

I disagree. I think A Song of Ice and Fire is far superior for the title of a series than A Game of Thrones, particularily this series.

I disagree. I think A Song of Ice and Fire is far superior for the title of a series than A Game of Thrones, particularily this series.

Yes. Isn’t the whole point that the "game of throne” is a stupid distraction from the real danger (ice and fire)?

Like when you read in the tWoW spoiler chapters that the Golden Company has landed in the Stormlands and they’re taking castles and burning crops and all you can think is “What! They’re destroying the food? Do they not know it’s winter?”

I sometimes think that the choice of title for a certain piece of media *cough, cough* should have been the first red flag in terms of what that piece of media’s priorities would be.

Archived