The Animated Adventures of "Firefly"- dare we hope this will happen?

Ser Scot A Ellison

I won't be excited until I see an actual episode air.

Also, I'd like Serenity to be retconned into oblivion.

Is this because you don't like the effect certain major character events will have on the series or because you didn't like Serenity as a film?

I can understand the former, but not the latter. Serenity was amazing, in my opinion.

They retconned River's rescue by Simon. What else?

It's been a while since I've seen it, but Mal's attitude towards them regressed, too. And Mr Universe felt a bit out of place without a proper introduction. And the Alliance ships were all completely different from the ones seen in the show.

Serenity was far superior to all of the Firefly episodes except maybe episode 7. In fact, most all of the episodes need to be seen with some lenience - the pace is often inconsistent, with unnecessarily long dialogues, and the humor is often contrived. Firefly is a good series in spite of its many, many episode-level flaws, not because of their absence. Some episodes were actually generally tiresome but always with a couple of good gags in them to make them worthwhile. I feel that Firefly was still finding its pace and would probably have become stellar in later seasons, much like Buffy didn't work all that well in its first season.

Serenity is much more streamlined, tight and consistently funny. The first five minutes alone are an achievement in the art of exposition and getting on with things.

Archived